Don't Expect Hot Chocolate

Posted by zigzagza on Nov 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I think many people are disappointed because they expect a cup of milky sweet hot chocolate. And yes, it does brew into a cup of light brown murkiness. Having already known that, I was not disappointed with the good chocolatey aroma. Think of it as the chocolate version of coffee beans. I sweetened it with condensed milk for a morning drink. For a more desert-like treat, I add a spoonful of Dagoba Cocoa Powder. So good! I think this product is not for coffee drinkers - they would be disappointed by the lack of ooomph and colour. But it's good if, like me, you're not a coffee drinker and want something other than tea during breakfast.

Love

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I quit coffee almost a year ago, and have been drinking decaf, but I am now a convert. I think this is the lightest, and mildest, of the Crio Bru flavors, but it is still relish! Like the other reviews say, don't expect coffee or hot chocolate. It is a little thinner than both, but if you remove any expectations of either of these, you will be amazed. I love it with a little almond milk and coconut sugar.

Love this tea!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I first tried this tea at La Costa Spa/Chopra Center. It is heavenly! I sometimes blend it with cinnamon tea or a decaf chai blend for variety. A small amount makes over 10 cups!Heavenly!

GReat alternative to coffee

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Purchased this as an alternative to coffee for my husband. I drink it too now. A drip filter seems to make it best rather than a plunger. Very pleasant to drink - especially at night when coffee is not an option for me for sleeping.

Crio bru brewed cocoa cavalla

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

this smells way way better then it tastes in saying that i have had no cravings for coffee since using this i also think if i could add honey to it it would be wonderful

Too oily!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to try something new and I know I shouldn't have expected a regular hot chocolate, but... It really is oily. After you brew it you can actually see the fat floating on the surface of your drink. I tried brewing it in many ways: using paper tea filter, regular teapot, coffee press and italian coffee express. I got the best result with the last one, but it was still too much fat. If there was a way to remove the fat, I would drink it, because the taste itself is really nice.