Taste is delicious but 2 questionable ingredients for an organic jam

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The taste truly deserves 5 stars. It's a bit hard to spread as there's a lot of thick chunks of strawberries. That is not the problem. This jam contains 2 dubious ingredients as research indicates they always come from GMO corn, unless specifically otherwise disclosed that they are processed from the very expensive camu, which is here unlikely. Since I have MCS and an impaired liver, it's important to me but this might not be a concern to the very healthy person. These ingredients are ascorbic acid and citric acid; the latter is said to always contain hidden MSG, so it does worry me. I did not react but I want to point this out both in the hopes that Crofter's will remove these unnecessary ingredients and for people who, like me, are either impaired and/or concerned about long term health effects. Sadly, this is the best organic jam (or fruit spread or jelly) currently available on iHerb so far as ingredients. I might purchase again, but it does worry me. I wish I were healthier and could eat anything without guilt.

Good and organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I read that strawberries are one of the fruits that requires more pesticides. I like that this product is organic and doesn't have additives.

Pointless

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I accidentally bought this one thinking it was sugar free...it isn't. It has the exact same nutritional value as any average jam- I think it's selling point is that it's organic? I'm not particularly concerned with organic vs non-organic food so as far as jams/fruit spreads go it was a pointless purchase. In terms of taste it was neither bad nor good, it was just...jam!

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

yummy

From Norway

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I order this regularly. Its so good:)

Strawberry fruit spread

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great texture and flavor

very good

Posted by Ollgga on Jul 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

very good

No sugar added, natural and so good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

A must for my peanut butter sandwiches. When you do not eat white sugar, jams and even dried fruit with cane syrup become too sweet at length, but this spread is full of fruit goodness and jam concentration, without that excessive sweetness. Even if you like sweet, the rich fruit taste may enough be a reason to give this a try. The other flavours of this series are also very good!

yum yum

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Loved by the whole family

nice