Taste is delicious but 2 questionable ingredients for an organic jam

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The taste truly deserves 5 stars. It's a bit hard to spread as there's a lot of thick chunks of strawberries. That is not the problem. This jam contains 2 dubious ingredients as research indicates they always come from GMO corn, unless specifically otherwise disclosed that they are processed from the very expensive camu, which is here unlikely. Since I have MCS and an impaired liver, it's important to me but this might not be a concern to the very healthy person. These ingredients are ascorbic acid and citric acid; the latter is said to always contain hidden MSG, so it does worry me. I did not react but I want to point this out both in the hopes that Crofter's will remove these unnecessary ingredients and for people who, like me, are either impaired and/or concerned about long term health effects. Sadly, this is the best organic jam (or fruit spread or jelly) currently available on iHerb so far as ingredients. I might purchase again, but it does worry me. I wish I were healthier and could eat anything without guilt.

Good and organic

Posted by Reviewer2074869 on Apr 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I read that strawberries are one of the fruits that requires more pesticides. I like that this product is organic and doesn't have additives.

Pointless

Posted by 5195126391301045577 on May 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I accidentally bought this one thinking it was sugar free...it isn't. It has the exact same nutritional value as any average jam- I think it's selling point is that it's organic? I'm not particularly concerned with organic vs non-organic food so as far as jams/fruit spreads go it was a pointless purchase. In terms of taste it was neither bad nor good, it was just...jam!

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2918645 on Sep 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

yummy

From Norway

Posted by Reviewer2075220 on Aug 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I order this regularly. Its so good:)

Strawberry fruit spread

Posted by Reviewer2926004 on Jul 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great texture and flavor

very good

Posted by Ollgga on Jul 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

very good

Very good fruit spread

Posted by 4856473230399988652 on Mar 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This tastes great and isn't as sweet as regular jam which is too sweet for me.

Very good taste!

Posted by Reviewer1470517 on May 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This spread has a rich strawberry taste, with the perfect ammount of sugar in it. Will definitely buy again. - And the jar itself is very cute...:-)

good

Posted by 5419545816592111678 on Jan 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

good