Not worth trying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am someone who sweats easily (especially my armpits) thus I am unfortunately not free from body odour (or armpit odour). I am excited to find this product as it is fragrance free (fragrance irritates me more than it helps), non sticky and staining (no yellow spot on my shirt), chemical free and supposedly aluminium free. It’s dirt cheap and seems to be able to last a long time. It is very easy to apply when the armpit is wet. From my personal experience, I find this product has semi effects. It works by eliminating the odour causing bacteria, not sweat pore blocking (like some reviewers think). Basically, it works well when I am not sweating. However when I start to perspire a lot, the odour will come back (probably because the protective barrier got washed off by the sweat). Aluminium chlorohydrate or similar aluminium compound are common ingredients used in deodorant to block the sweat pores. As such, it is also easily absorbed into our blood stream and end up in the brain, contributing to neurodegenerative diseases. It claims to be aluminium free though it is made of aluminium alum. The general claim by sellers is that aluminium alum is not absorbed via the skin thus it is safe but I rather err on the safe side and not continue to use it. Check out my page for more reviews!

Rocks!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the best deoderant on the planet. It works for 24 hrs... NO odor. It's incredible. It lasts about 8mo. The only problem I have with it is it's slippery and easy to drop. When it drops, it cracks and even shatters.

Good deo, but too fragile

Posted by NataliyaKvitka on Jun 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Both husband and I use these deos, and like them because it's fragrance free and dry, no white stains etc. But - it's fragile! Occasionally dropped it on the floor - this is it, crystal is completely broken! // Пользуемся камушками и я, и муж. Без запаха, сухой, не оставляет следов. Но очень хрупкий - одно падение и нужен новый кристалл. Поэтому 4 звездочки.

I don't like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product is not totally natural is made from ammonium alum and not potassiun alum.

This product....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Rocks....literally! Only thing, be mindful when using. Hubby dropped ours on the bathroom floor. It broke in half but we still use it anyway!

Crystal Body Deodorant, Crystal Body Deodorant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

good protect against smell, but package isn't usefull

Maybe this is why some hippies smelled bad...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This worked really well for about 5 days, then stopped working for me. Don't know if I ate something weird or broke the "on" switch or what. I think I'll try Tom's brand next time.

Waste of money!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was looking for something that will keep me dry while I run around in the Army uniform (it does get hot and humid in VA so much that my jacket gets wet under arms. I read all reviews and was psyched about this product. But it's a total disaster... I've applied it under arms right after shower, put my t-shirt on, was brushing my teeth and noticed that my t-shirt was soaking wet under arms! It didn't keep me dry even for 5 minutes!

Crystal Body Deodorant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am really enjoying this product. I have been looking for years for something that would keep me from sweating and I have found it. I feel fresh all day. I even bought one for my husband. Great product.

Very good!