A good buy

Posted by Reviewer2530478 on Apr 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Lactobacillus GG is pretty pricey anywhere you get it, but IHerb has about the best price around and this particular brand has great quality. If you're looking for "GG", then you won't go wrong with this one. If the price for "GG" just seems too high for you, then your next best bet would be to go with Lactobacillus Sporogenes (much less expensive and perhaps just as effective... the Sporogenes can survive even high stomach acidity, which helps to ensure that it's still active by the time it reaches your gut.

Sucrose, maltodextrin and titanium dioxide

Posted by Reviewer2999135 on Dec 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am very disappointed that culturelle have started adding yeast-encouraging maltodextrin and sucrose into their probiotics as well as the toxic titanium dioxide and I would like to know what their motives are for doing so.

THE BEST!

Posted by Reviewer2119004 on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I tried this product out of curiosity and it was amazing! I have always had a hard time having bowel movements because of stress-related problems. I've tried taking diuretics, laxatives, fiber-rich foods, fruits, veggies, but ONLY this does the trick! Seriously it was amazing. It made me feel so clean inside and my bowel movements increased greatly. My abdomen was flatter too. I definitely recommend it especially because it is so gentle.

Outstanding product!!!

Posted by Reviewer1600723 on Jun 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This and L. Reuteri are my favorite probiotics. They seem to give far more benefits than other probiotic (strains) that I've tried. I'm on long-term antibiotic therapy for Lyme Disease and I need constant replenishment of probiotic bacterias, so I know what works and what doesn't.

Culturelle

Posted by Reviewer2072160 on Sep 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After trying EVERY acidophillus, bifodophillus and/or lactobacillus product on the market for systemic yeast, I FINALLY found a product that works. I've recommended Culturelle to my entire family and all my friends for immune support as well as digestive health. I love this product!

Best I have used.

Posted by Reviewer1113432 on Feb 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have had candida for years. I think I have used every probiotic on the market. From 10 billion CFU to 450 billion CFU (yes 450 billion). I do not know what makes one probiotic work better than another. They all say they are better than an other due to certain reasons. But this actually works. I started taking 3 a day, and then one with every meal, but now I only need one a day. And one a day is amazingly, all I need.

My first choice in probiotics

Posted by Reviewer2008921 on Feb 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Culturelle is the only probiotic that offers Lactobacillus GG, a strain that is reported to survive stomach acid and colonize in the lower intestines and eliminating bad bacteria. Most other supplements never make it there or there do not contain enough live cells. After a bronchitis hit me for the third time in a year I decided to sit out the round of antibiotics and instead concentrate on boosting my immune system via healthy intestines. There are only a few other strains that have shown similar effectiveness and I take them as well but not together (the may reduce each other's effectiveness). My bronchitis is gone and gastrointestinal health seems better after 6 weeks. It does not have to be refrigerated - unlike some others I take - which helps when I travel but I still keep it in fridge.

Excellent for Antibiotic Issues

Posted by Reviewer2429494 on Sep 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Six and a half stars!!! Five years ago I was given intravenous antibiotics for pneumonia, which resulted in severe antibiotic-induced, burning diarrhea. I took a lot of stuff and it took a long time to figure it out, but Culturelle was the only thing which was effective for me. One pill per day and within two days all my movements were solid and well-formed. Culturelle plus B6 also cured the anal fissures which completely eliminated the burning. For diarrhea issues, Culturelle (and also apple cider vinegar) is an essential part of my personal pharmacopeia.

Culturelle-great for most, but beware of possible allergy to bacteria strain

Posted by Reviewer2682593 on Oct 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a phenomenal probiotic product that completely eliminated clostridia from my husband's gut - verified via tests. However, be aware that SOME people are severely allergic to the lactobacillus bacteria strain. My mother developed an allergic reaction when taking this product which included bladder and kidney problems and severe rash on her arms. Nowhere is this possible reaction noted on the product. This went on for weeks until we did more research. We had to do several searches on the internet and came across this finding. Within 48 hours of stopping culturelle, her symptoms abated. Scary. Just beware.

Digestive & Immune System Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is THE single most important supplement that I've ever taken, and it is worth every penny. I'm a 37 year old woman who was born with unexplained splenomegally (enlargement of the spleen; mine was the size of a football). When I was 6 years old, the spleen was surgically removed and I was then prescribed 500mg of penicillin DAILY, INDEFINITELY (GASP). I continued on this antibiotic regimen for 14 years until the age of 20, when I decided to go against my doctor's advice and take my health back (and stop creating antibiotic-resistant pathogenic bacteria). There was a LOT of damage to be un-done. Not only was I missing a spleen, but most of the good bacteria in my body (which actually contributes to about 70% of one's immunity) was destroyed by the antibiotics. Understandably, I was perpetually sick with colds, bronchitis, and other ailments through my mid-twenties - even after I stopped the penicillin. It wasn't until I started taking Culturelle about 10 years ago that my health started to turn around (I also started receiving acupuncture, and I believe both of these were key). I now RARELY get sick! I've also tried other brands of probiotics, including Dr. Ohhira, but Culturelle works better for me. Also, these work great as a treatment for vaginal yeast infections - just use as a vaginal suppository 1-2 times a day until symptoms are relieved (be sure to also use a pantyliner).