Harsh, Burning Sensation

Posted by Reviewer1283504 on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I usually buy the Earth Science creamy cleanser, but decided to try this one. It was a mistake. My eyes began burning first and then I felt an uncomfortable sensation all over my face. I really dislike this cleanser for myself, and I don't feel my skin is seriously sensitive. If yours is---don't risk it.

Drying and not what I was hoping for

Posted by Reviewer2781703 on Jun 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This says it's for sensitive skin and dry skin, but all this did was dry my skin out. Yes, it removed my makeup (including my eye makeup), but my skin felt really tight and was very dry after I used it. It says it's gentle, but I disagree. I tested the pH of this cleanser with some pH test strips, and the formula was alkaline, which is NOT what a facial cleanser should be! That harms the acid mantle of your skin, which is part of your skin's protection. I expected more from Desert Essence -- especially given all of the high ratings. I'll be returning this back to iHerb.

Leaves my skin dry...

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is supposed to be for dry skin, but apparently not so. It has great natural ingredients, but it left my skin squeaky dry. The best cleanser I've tried so far for my dry skin is the Azelique, Age Refining Cleanser. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Drying & not for sensitive skin

Posted by 5519270808374319820 on Jul 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product is anything but a dry & sensitive skin cleanser; it really dried my face and it also itched my skin as well. I can't believe that some reviewers are saying how great it is for dry & sensitive skin when it clearly isn't. Don't waste your money with this product!

Good for acne prone, combo, dehydrated skin!

Posted by HealthandBeautyGirl on Feb 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My skin is acne prone and dehydrated (didn't know you could be oily AND dehydrated, but apparently you can). I was using another organic gentle cleanser that was fairly expensive $24+ for a small bottle. It was very gentle and full of great ingredients, but I kept having breakouts, it addressed the dehydration, but not the oily and acne. One aesthetician told me to switch my cleanser when I told her what I was using. I decided to try this one and luckily, this one is addressing ALL my issues in regards to oily/combo, acne and not stripping/drying my dehydrated.

DO NOT BUY IF YOUR SKIN IS DRY OR SENSETIVE!!!!!

Posted by 5367249411111495928 on Mar 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR SKIN IS DRY OR SENSITIVE! It will only get worse, because this product is FAR from for the dry and sensitive skin. My skin went from being ok, to turning dry and itchy. Be aware guys, don't do the mistake i made. I i did not watch the 1 star ratings, but if you really have dry and sensitive skin, stay away from this product. I bought it with the day cream, and the day cream was poor as well, did not moisturize my skin at all, made it only greasy. First time i tried the desert essence product for my skin, and this is the last time. I will never buy anything from them, if they cant deliver what they describe from their product. Be aware with you buy!!

Not for sensitive skin.

Posted by 5753489852998963004 on Jul 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have sensitive skin but I rarely have pimples. Right now, I have 3 zits after using this cleanser for 5 days and it also dries my skin. Not. Happy.

Desert Essence, Gentle Nourishing Organic

Posted by Reviewer1782416 on Jan 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This the best product ever made. This cleanser is the only ckeabser i can use with my sensitive skin, that doesnt break out my face and doesnt dry it out. Very inexpensive and I recomend it. Try it and you'll be hooked as well

Safe and Sane

Posted by Reviewer1881410 on May 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This soap really doesn't dry out skin to the point of flaking, even with regular use. It's gentle and the ingredients are free of parabens and other petrochemicals

Very good.

Posted by Reviewer3301599 on Apr 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is really good for my combination skin. After using this cleanser don't feel tight skin like other cleanser. But the shell life is only nine months , I don't think I can finish this within that time.