WAS an Excellent Toothpaste

Posted by MacnAZ on Nov 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is a revision/update to my previous review(s)…. I have been doing the best that I can to avoid SLS and SLES for many months. I was pleased that I had learned that these chemicals could cause skin problems and that it was best to AVOID them. You can find these chemicals in toothpaste, soaps and many other items that will contact your body in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I started to wonder about Sodium Coco Sulfate and decided to do research and find ANSWERS! When I did the research I was very disappointed with what I found because the companies that are making a BIG DEAL about their product being from coconut is misleading. It is an outright LIE that the coconut form of SLS is different. It is NOT! They are DECEIVING the consumer. Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Coco Sulfate are chemically THE SAME! [CH3(CH2)11SO4Na] There is no difference in the molecular structure. They are synthetic detergents. Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) is made by mixing lauryl alcohol with sulfuric acid and then adding sodium carbonate. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is actually worse and to make it less irritating they ethoxylate it. This means they add ethylene oxide to modify it. This reduces the irritation level of the chemical. SLES is a cheaper form of SLS and that is why many companies use it. The source of the raw materials; whether from coconut oil, palm oil or petroleum does not matter. Through the chemical synthesizing process the end product is still SLS or SLES and it is STILL BAD! The end product is very different from the raw materials that are used. I am not able to put my source links here, so do some research of your own and then we can expose the deceptive labeling that some companies are using.

misleading in ingredient!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

they claimed they are natural and SLS free but Sodium coco-sulfate is another very similar ingredient—the only difference is that instead of using just one lauryl alcohol to start with, they use a blend of fatty acids from coconut oil, react them with sulfuric acid, then sodium carbonate, to create sodium coco sulfate!! DONT FAKE YOUR CONSUMERS.

Very good toothpaste

Posted by AllyAw on Apr 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

When I was choosing fluoride free toothpaste, I bought several brands to try out. I found a few without xylitol and this one has a nice fresh mint taste. No fluoride also meant no SLS, paraben, or artificial flavors and we are happy to make the switch. Although there is no synthetic sweetener,s I like the flavor. ======================================================================================================= If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the “Yes” button below the review. I have more reviews in mypage. . Thank you!

Great Product..W. Aquino

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2006 | Verified Purchase

This the best tooth paste I have ever used. Removes coffee stains,seriously... I highly recommend it. Its natural & at a great price as well :)

Love it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My husbands gums don't bleed anymore and I use it also for when I burn my tongue with hot foods or scratch my gums from chips .Heals everything in the mouth. Super product!

My favorite natural toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love and have been using Desert Essence toothpaste for several years. One thing I've found with natural toothpaste is that my teeth seem to get much cleaner than using traditional/commercial toothpaste. I also want to shout-out to iHerb for offering this product at a great price. I was amazed to find ALL the natural/organic products that I usually buy at a local store.

Great flavor, no fluoride

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2006 | Verified Purchase

Cleans teeth without fluoride. Mint flavor is not over-powering. Have been using this for some time and find it's better than the major toothpaste brands.

I love it

Posted by MentaPiperita on Apr 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It's very fresh and leaves my teeth clean without nasty chemicals. This is the second time I buy it, and I'll keep buying again.

Great clean feel

Posted by BrittanyAlice on Apr 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

After using this other regular brands don't cut it they feel like i am like brushing with sugar paste. Love the real mint flavour of this.

Cleans your choppers

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

And it smells real nice. My dog kisses me more often now and begs to use it for himself, but I say, "Absolutely no."