Sodium lauryl sulfate

Posted by Reviewer2487128 on Mar 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

No SLS this company claims. Well Sodium coco sulfate that is listed in this shampoo has the exact same chemical number as the strong harmful substance Sodium lauryl sulfate. Sodium coco sulfate=Sodium lauryl sulfate. I bought this shampoo without checking ingredient list properly first. Smells good but will put it in the trash since I do NOT use harmful strong sulfates in my hair. I hate when companies try to fool consumers. Everything else I have bought at iherb has been good but this one was a big NO.

SLS from Coconut not good

Posted by MacnAZ on Jun 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been doing the best that I can to avoid SLS and SLES for many months. I was pleased that I had learned that these chemicals could cause skin problems and that it was best to AVOID them. You can find these chemicals in toothpaste, soaps and many other items that will contact your body in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I started to wonder about Sodium Coco Sulfate and decided to do research and find ANSWERS! When I did the research I was very disappointed with what I found because the companies that are making a BIG DEAL about their product being from coconut is misleading. It is an outright LIE that the coconut form of SLS is different. It is NOT! They are DECEIVING the consumer. Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Coco Sulfate are chemically THE SAME! [CH3(CH2)11SO4Na] There is no difference in the molecular structure. They are synthetic detergents. Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) is made by mixing lauryl alcohol with sulfuric acid and then adding sodium carbonate. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is actually worse and to make it less irritating they ethoxylate it. This means they add ethylene oxide to modify it. This reduces the irritation level of the chemical. SLES is a cheaper form of SLS and that is why many companies use it. The source of the raw materials; whether from coconut oil, palm oil or petroleum does not matter. Through the chemical synthesizing process the end product is still SLS or SLES and it is STILL BAD! The end product is very different from the raw materials that are used. I am not able to put my source links here, so do some research of your own and then we can expose the deceptive labeling that some companies are using.

Not good for my hair

Posted by Reviewer2762075 on Apr 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Way too drying for my hair, won't be being again. Nice smell though.

Smells Great

Posted by Reviewer2616364 on Nov 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Imparts incrediable shine and smells wonderful.

Desert Essence, Organics Hair Car, Red Raspberry Shampoo, 8 floz

Posted by Reviewer1679383 on Jul 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I would recommend this shampoo and conditioner to anyone that has fine hair. It doesen't weigh your hair down. It also smells wonderful, you would have to be a rasberry fan.

Dried my hair out

Posted by 4717978011580640411 on Apr 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Did not like this shampoo at all. The scent is overly sweet and artificial. It did clean my hair relatively ok, but it dried it out like crazy. It became coare and tangled and just very nasty looking. If you are on the hunt for volume, this certainly is a volumizing shampoo, but only because it dries the heck out of my hair. After using this, I would get clumps of tangles which were really hard to smooth out. And my hair isn't even prone to tangles in general. Run and do not look back.

Desert Essence, Organics , Red Rasberry Shampoo , 8 fl oz (237ml)

Posted by Finland- on Mar 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Ihana shampoo vaaleille hiuksille.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1893600 on Mar 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Very pleasant to use and my scalp and hair have improved in health and shine.

My favourite

Posted by 4633460734714230837 on Sep 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My favourite shampoo! Leaves my hair shiny and healthy, not heavy or greasy. If my hair needs more volume I use the green one from Desert Essence, and if my hair needs more moisture I use the brown one :-)

Bueno y cunde

Posted by Beatriz on Feb 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Un descubrimiento. Tiene una composición casi perfecta (con primer ingrediente aloe vera en vez de agua como en muchos otros, con sulfatos suaves derivados del coco y sin derivados del petóleo) y limpia bien. Sólo hace falta echar una pequeña cantidad y cunde bastante. El olor es bastante agradable.