Makes my hair shiny and soft without tangle

Posted by 5348301173126784771 on Nov 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have fine thin hair with hair fall problem. I wash my hair everyday since Singapore has a humid and warm climate. I try to avoid conditional because conditional makes my hair fall. This shampoo doesn't make my scalp itchy and I don't have to use conditional often (just once in a while). My hair is shiny and soft and it doesn't tangle after shampoo which makes me very happy ! I see lesser hair fall whenever I use this shampoo.

Perfectly well

Posted by TinVal on Aug 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Wonderful shampoo - without all these nasty chemicals contained in most products. Very easy to wash out.

Desert Essence, Organics Hair Care, Shampoo, Fragrance Free

Posted by Reviewer2155453 on May 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am really thrilled with this. I have severe multiple chemical sensitivity and the things I've been using left my hair flat and dry. This does not bother me and really gives me some volume. Cleans great.

Great for Field Work

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I work for an NGO, and our scientists are in the field studying wild animals - they cannot wear anything scented, so I bought them this (and the conditioner). Highly recommended for anyone that cannot have any fragrance for medical, personal or professional reasons.

Desert Essence Shampoo

Posted by MacnAZ on Sep 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been doing the best that I can to avoid SLS and SLES for many months. I was pleased that I had learned that these chemicals could cause skin problems and that it was best to AVOID them. You can find these chemicals in toothpaste, soaps and many other items that will contact your body in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I started to wonder about Sodium Coco Sulfate and decided to do research and find ANSWERS! When I did the research I was very disappointed with what I found because the companies that are making a BIG DEAL about their product being from coconut is misleading. It is an outright LIE that the coconut form of SLS is different. It is NOT! They are DECEIVING the consumer. Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Coco Sulfate are chemically THE SAME! [CH3(CH2)11SO4Na] There is no difference in the molecular structure. They are synthetic detergents. Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) is made by mixing lauryl alcohol with sulfuric acid and then adding sodium carbonate. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is actually worse and to make it less irritating they ethoxylate it. This means they add ethylene oxide to modify it. This reduces the irritation level of the chemical. SLES is a cheaper form of SLS and that is why many companies use it. The source of the raw materials; whether from coconut oil, palm oil or petroleum does not matter. Through the chemical synthesizing process the end product is still SLS or SLES and it is STILL BAD! The end product is very different from the raw materials that are used. I am not able to put my source links here, so do some research of your own and then we can expose the deceptive labeling that some companies are using.

Natural but drying

Posted by Reviewer1956232 on Apr 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Sadly, as with most natural shampoos this shampoo made my hair dry and brittle. When I tried another shampoo for a few days, my hair got softer. I had high hopes as I like the conditioner, but don't think I will be able to continue using it.

good shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1853601 on Feb 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love this shampoo, no toxins, my hair really feels good. You only need a drop to creat a huge lather andx rinses out easy.

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer3341637 on Feb 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

They must have changed the formulation since the earlier reviews. First, it's very easy to get out of the tube - the hole is not too small and the shampoo is not too thick. Second, a little does go a long way and it lathers the same as other shampoos. It leaves my hair soft.

Clean your hair without doing any harm

Posted by 5030882918886799635 on Aug 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product is amazing. It cleans your hair but it's not the squeaky kind of clean. It might be slightly dry for my hair though, but after using it for a while together with the same conditioner, my hair has never been softer!

OK, but very drying

Posted by drgolf on Mar 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Seems to work OK but makes my hair very dry and brittle. Maybe I'll use it once every 3 or 4 days. It doesn't seem it irritate my scalp like other shampoos though. Will look at other shampoos after this is done due to the drying nature.