Great cleanser

Posted by Reviewer1564083 on Jan 30, 2008

I have very tricky skin, as it is sensitive, dry and fair, yet prone to acne. Most cleansers will overdry or irritate my skin, sometimes causing even worse acne. I have been using this cleanser for 2 years, and it has solved all of my problems. Because it is oil-based, it dissolved dirt and makeup very well. The tea tree oil penetrates into your skin and is naturally antibiotic, so it prevents break-outs. At 5 bucks, it is so much of a better value than the Kiehl's cleanser I used to use.

Excellent for combination skin!

Posted by Reviewer2743418 on Mar 10, 2013

I've been using this for a couple of months, now, and I've nearly used one bottle up, so I ordered another. I have had problem skin, my whole life, made worse by the sebum over production I got in my teens, which never seemed to go away. I've had moderately oily skin since I was about 13, and I still have problems now. I've always used tea tree for breakouts in the "T" area around my nose, and I often get blackheads which really, I shouldn't be getting in my mid forties. It really does blight your life, having persistant skin problems. What I've noticed since using this skin wash, is that my skin doesn't "break out" as much, and despite having very sensitive skin that tends to peel due to sebhoriec dermatitis, my skin is much clearer, and makes me less self conscious. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the pump dispenser that it comes in tends to "gum up" and get blocked after a while, which is irritating, but it's a minor problem! I follow it with a splash of the Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner, which helps with any lingering dryness, but doesn't make my skin oily, and give me break outs like other moisturisers I have tried. I'm glad I have finally found something that seems to work on my problem skin, and long may it continue! I really hope it will, because I've been trying for more than 30 years to rid myself of skin problems!!!

Desert Essence Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

Posted by Reviewer3165310 on Feb 01, 2008

Excellent, have used for at least 4 years now. Please never discontinue this product.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1409845 on Apr 05, 2008

I love this product because Tea Tree Oil is a great ingredient for acne prone skin. It works well and doesn't have any bad ingredients. The price is awesome too.

Squeaky Clean !

Posted by Reviewer3084788 on Oct 21, 2007

My combination skin is very sensitive and prone to break-outs. I have been using this cleanser for several months with good results. It cleans without drying and I have had fewer break-outs!

Very fine product!

Posted by Rasvetik on May 18, 2012

A fine product, has a little stronger smell: but is not distracting. After using fills the face fills in VERY clean and soft.

Cleansing without damaging skin

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 10, 2013

This makes my face feel very clean without damaging or drying my skin. I use it with my clarisonic every day.

If you have ACNE - TRY THIS!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1339148 on Nov 29, 2009

I have had problems with acne for the past 15 years. I have cut out various things from my diet in an effort to see a change in my break outs. I have treated with 3 different dermatologists for years. Been on different pills and multiple topicals needing to be applied 3 and 4 times daily, with no real success. Some of the topicals would help dry out once I had a break out, but nothing would keep the break out from coming on. With this face wash, combined with pure tea tree oil applied to volatile areas afterward, I can stop my break outs when I feel them coming. I cannot rave enough of the affect tea tree oil has had on my acne, if only I had found it sooner!!!

Better than all the expensive 3-step products on the market!!

Posted by Reviewer2504640 on Sep 16, 2010

I had really terrible adult (yuck) acne and didn't know what to do. It was so bad my doctor just sort of gave up on me and told me he couldn't fix the stuff that was hereditary. So I looked on your site and found Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Face Wash -- and have been acne free for 2 months now!! This stuff works better than all the other products and expensive 3-step products on the market -- and it's highly affordable!! Again - thank you! Here's a great tip: Use this with a foaming dispenser!!!!!!!!

Нравится .

Posted by Reviewer11741561 on Aug 29, 2012

Хорошая умывалка. Приятный лёгкий запах. Не сушит кожу. Хорошо очищает Pleasant light smell. Doesn't dry skin. Well clears