Nice light moisturizer

Posted by tealeaf on Mar 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use this as my facial moisturizer. I have oily acne rosacea with very sensitive skin and this is a nice way to moisturize without having to worry about making my skin red, irritated or greasy. It absorbs quickly and leaves a nice matte finish which is IDEAL! I use it day and night and it even works great on my neck and chest. If you have sensitive or oily skin this stuff is great! Use just little dot on face and the one for neck and one for chest so alot goes along way, tube lasts a long time, and using it with a light hand keeps away the breakouts. Smells really clean, doesn't feel sticky! Helps foundation go on smooth.

A must have for oily skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Extremely pleased with this lotion! I highly recommend it to anyone struggling with oily, shiny skin. Its now a part of my daily skin regime. I apply it in the morning after cleansing my face and it takes away the shine, leaving a nice matte skin tone. I feel like I no longer need foundation to hide my shiny skin. I have no dry spots and oily spots anymore either, just evenly moisturized skin. It keeps my skin from getting oily during the day and keeps almost all breakouts from occurring on my chin (which in the past always got breakouts any time I applied lotion there). This combined with other Desert Essence products and I finally have the skin I've always wanted! iHerb has the best pricing!

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

For my combination skin is perfect, controls shine, nourishes, smells great!

Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion

Posted by serpines on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Really needed when using the Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Face Wash, because it really dries your skin. It has a nice herby scent and does a good job controling oily skin. I have combination skin and moisturizes without getting greasy

Great for oily skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've always had oily skin, and have never found a moisturizer that I could use that wouldn't make my face more oily. This product actually absorbs oil while it moisturizes, leaving my face with a very comfortable, shine-free matte finish.

I will definately repurchase this!

Posted by doppelganger on Sep 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have oily skin and I honestly can tell you that this does control the oil on you complexion. I use it as a primer before make up and this 8.74$ product does a whole lot better job than my Laura Mercier or YSL primers I've tried so far! If you use a setting spray with that and you use an oil-free foundation I am possitive you'll see a great difference if not a matte finish that lasts for 3 hours at least!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Perfect for sensitive skin with several pimples. No breakouts.

Function-wise, it works.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It truly is made for the oily and combination skin. Tea tree oil and chamomile work well to tame down the occasional breakouts of my face. Shea butter helps to maintain moisture, kaolin absorbs all the excess oil. Good ingredients work out to do good on my skin. The bad part however is that, shea butter is one of the known ingredients to stink bad..more expensive creams may use nice fragrance and/or lower the content to mask this smell but desert essence doesn't. All in all, this is a good cream for those who don't care about the smell. I have sensitive skin and it's very hard to find a facial product that doesn't irritate my skin and maintain it at a well-tamed level, so I would give 4 starts but can't give 5 stars because of the smell.

My skin is RED

Posted by miakita on Jan 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I think something is reacting with my skin.... I don't have any problem using it in my body but in my face... it gets irritated and its completely red :( For me it didn't work. Won't buy it again

Perfect for combination skin

Posted by natalilla on May 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The lotion is perfect for my skin. It's really control oily skin, keep it bright free and moisturized. I strongly recommend the lotion.