Disappointing, will not repurchase

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I use this product on my face. This product dispensed from the pump bottle looking quite thick, but thankfully didn't feel thick and heavy when applied on skin. It goes on white, and takes a bit of rubbing on the skin before the white goes away. This is where the problem starts. As I rub the cream on my skin, the cream starts "flaking". Like it is not adhering to my skin and is just rubbing off. The "flakes" look exactly like the debris (rubbery bits) that comes off when you use an eraser. The first time this happened, I used a tissue to softly dust these flakes off my face. It got in my hair, and all over my black clothing - a total nightmare. I thought it might be that this sunblock wasn't interacting well with my hyaluronic serum, or my face cream. I have tried using this cream without the serum, or without the face cream, or applying it while my face cream is moist, or waiting half an hour for my face cream/serum to be totally absorbed first....but all with the same flakey result. The only time it didn't flake was when I applied it to a totally dry face devoid of any product after washing my face. But I have very dry skin, and this cream is definitely not moisturising enough for me to just wear it on its own. This flaking thing is very annoying and disappointing. But because I still want the factor 50 protection, I am continuing to use it, while searching for a good substitute. I just have to improvise my application technique - I rub the cream in and stop when it starts looking like it's going to flake (it will still be a little streaky white at this point) and switch to a sort of tapping motion to pat the cream into my skin, while tapping off any flakes that may occur. It is tedious. Unlike other reviewers, this cream did leave a slight whitish cast on my skin. But it didn't affect the appearance of my makeup. If I apply this too close to my eyes, it feel a little stingy. That feeling goes away after a minute. The only reason this product didn't get 1 star is because I think the SPF50 is excellent and that there aren't chemical sunscreens in it. I will NOT repurchase, and will only recommend this product to someone who has oilier skin that won't need other products before putting this on.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Like a creme-gel. Not too heavy, but far from drying. Def gonna stick with this product. Goes on smooth with no white cast whatsoever. Looking forward to trying more Devita products.

Fantastic Sunscreen!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this sunscreen for about two weeks. The product comes in a pump bottle. The picture shown must be an old packaging. The cream goes on smooth and does not leave a white cast. I can feel my face calm down (it is usually very flushed) when I apply it on my skin. When I perspire, it does not run streaks down my face so I guess it's staying power is pretty good (unlike a lot of physical sunscreens). It feels more like a thick gel-cream but is not heavy at all. One pump is enough for the whole face so you don't have to worry if you didn't apply enough.

Used to be amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product used to be amazing almost melting into the skin leaving no white cast what so ever. Then Devita changed the formula and unfortunately now it does leave a white cast so I can no longer use this product, what a shame. Devita we want the old formulation back.

Disappoint me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I think I should not buy it just because of these positive reviews on iherb. Now when I back to check the reviews date, all of them are written in 2012....I bought 2 sunscreen products from iherb this time. This one costs me 4 times money than the other one. I use it immediately with highly expectation when receive the package. It totally disappoints me! The cream feels like banana milkshake, not smooth at all. There are many granulated things in the cream, and u will feel very suffered when put it on ur face. After googling other reviews on other shopping sites, I find the reason may be caused by the ingredients change. All of the reviews this year revealed the same problem. I'm not lucky on this product. Really don't know what can I do for this "not cheap" thing now......

Five stars

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great high protection without any skin irritation or chemicals.

Best Facial Sunscreen I have Ever Used!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

No kidding this product does what it says. Goes on smoothly, no heavy scent and is great under makeup. I hope I can always find it. I worked in skincare for 10 + years and believe this to be the best. Does not sting my skin while using Retin A. I never write reviews but am so pleased I took the time to do so.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is very light and it is work. Love it.

Sunshade

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. It is light and actually works.

good product, fast shipping

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i love this product, i find it works much better than the spf 30 version in helping to prevent me from burning. i tend to use the spf 30 for more mild weather, and this version on very hot days outside. i received the product quickly too which makes it even better.

1 2