No benefits - didn't finish bottle, no reason to buy again

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This has been around a while and is also proven effective by science. I found it much nicer to take than Allithiamine (which was a never-ending garlic nightmare - and I love garlic). I like the 80mg option but would prefer less. Small and easy to swallow - but, being small, they're too fiddly to pull apart and break. I dislike the silicon dioxide and personally didn't notice any additional benefits over stock standard B1. I didn't finish the bottle and have no reason to buy it again. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Benfotiamine 80

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 25, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Haven't had it long enough to determine whether it gets 4 or 5 stars, but haven't had any leg cramps while taking it, which is the symptom my primary doctor suggested it for. I gave him a bottle for Christmas so he'll know where to tell his people to get it.

Seems to help leg pain/sciatica

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am not diabetic, but I take Benfotiamine to help those post-exercise pains I get in my legs at night and foot cramps that can happen when I wear shoes of varying heel heights (ladies, you know what I am talking about). Also, it helps with the pains I get from sitting for long periods of time, such as when I am driving. I am only in my 40's but these muscle pains have been with me since my 20's. Benfotiamine helps. I have taken it for about 8 months now.

Benfotiamine is fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I stumbled upon Benfotiamine some months ago and I find it fantastic for blood sugar control and removal of neuropathy (I am a type 2 diabetic). I had the 150 strength and also higher but my wife wanted the lower strength as she needs low dose everything and it has proven a winner again. If you are diabetic or have neuropathy for any reason then you MUST use Benfotiamine. Couple with Apple Cider Vinegar capsules, Blood Sugar, Cinnamon, Taurine, Gymnema Sylvestre, Bitter Melon, Total Balance multi-vitamin and COQ10 and you have the magic cure.

Doctor's Best, Benfotiamine, 80 mg, 120 Veggie Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Apr 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Benfotiamine has been reported to be more bioavailable than thiamine, owing to its lipid-solubility, and while thiamine has antiglycation effects, as a water-soluble form of the vitamin B1 it cannot enter fatty tissues. A new study reported on the ability of thiamine and benfotiamine to reduce protein damage caused by glycation, oxidation, and nitration.

Benfotiamine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Pretty effective at helping to increase energy. May help alleviate depression in some. I would bet it would also help with slowing or possible helping reverse diabetic peripheral neuropathy in patients deficient in vitamin B1. I have seen at least one article on the reversal of diabetic peripheral neuropathy with proper vitamin b supplementation. Best bet would be to take this with a reasonable multivitamin B supplement. (Do not take too much vitamin B, I have seen at least one case of peripheral neuropathy caused by over supplementation of vitamin B.)

Great form of thiamin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take this with a B-Complex capsule. Good for nerves. My B-Complex has 40 mg of thiamin - I just needed a little extra support, so this dose works good for me. Synthetic vitamins just keep getting better! The bottle/cap are fairly good. No magnesium stearate (trans fat).

Alert

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 04, 2006 | Verified Purchase

adds to overall alertness and peak energy without getting jitters.

maggiew

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like this product. It balances out my vitamin intake.

Less post-eating symptoms

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have noticed less symptoms of insulin responsiveness when taking this during food consumption. Bravo for this product.

1 2 3