One of the BEST out there !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Having tried other digestive enzymes, I say with confidence, this is a great enzyme to take. I've suffered with IBS for years. Not any more! Plant based enzymes such as these are more effective. I take 5 with each meal. Every person is different. Some may only need one or two. It's best to try just a few and increase the amount of capsules until your symptoms have gone away. Many doctors say to take just 1 with each meal. That often isn't enough and people are left thinking the enzymes don't work or the brand of capsules is the issue. Take it from me, this works. I've been to surgeons, gastro-docs, natural docs, you name it. Once I began taking this, I am symptom free. Side note:Specific enzymes work on specific foods. You need the right type of enzyme for the foods you want it to break down. Think of the foods you have problems with and then choose a product that contains at least those types of enzymes. Here is a list of the common enzyme types and foods they act on. Digestive enzymes are enzymes that break down food into usable material. The major different types of digestive enzymes are: • amylase – breaks down carbohydrates, starches, and sugars which are prevalent in potatoes, fruits, vegetables, and many snack foods • lactase – breaks down lactose (milk sugars) • alpha-glactosidase – facilitates digestion of beans, legumes, seeds, roots, soy products, and underground stems • protease – breaks down proteins found in meats, nuts, eggs, and cheese • pepsin – breaks down proteins into peptides • peptidase – breaks down small peptide proteins to amino acids • bromelain – derived from pineapple, breaks down a broad spectrum of proteins • papain – derived from raw papaya, broad range of substrates and pH, works well breaking down small and large proteins • lipase – breaks down fats found in most dairy products, nuts, oils, and meat • cellulase – breaks down cellulos, plant fiber; not found in humans.

Finally ...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2007 | Verified Purchase

An enzyme that helps me digest raw veggies ... I do a predominantly raw, vegetarian diet and after having had colon surgery, I now need a little help processing all this raw food. This enzyme is the best I've tried, hands-down!

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is definitely one of the best digestive enzymes and one of the most competitive in pricings. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a high strength digestive blend. Basically, it contains 3x times a normal digestive blend will contain and it’s the highest possible strength available. It also contains specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest every food possible. It comes with 1 billion of probiotics which I think isn’t a lot and it’s unnecessary in an enzyme product but no harm though. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. This product also contains multiple strains of protease and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I take 1 for a normal meal, 2 when I overeat and 3 when I am eating a buffet. Check out my page for more reviews!

Excellent product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a truly excellent enzyme supplement. I have had a chronically sensitive stomach for years and tried several different enzyme supplements that provided little help. This is the first supplement that has actually made a difference and only requires one caplet before a meal. I have noticed a marked difference in my digestion (even when overindulging in carbohydrates), less bloating, and stomach comfort with cooked and raw foods. I highly recommend this to anyone with digestive troubles or simply wanting to get more nutritional benefit from their diet.

Digestive Enzymes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have tried other Digestive Enzymes before, but there were side effects. These enzymes increase my energy level and reduce stomach troubles. Also, I use it with CLA and I am losing weight as well.

Comparable to the best products

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I recently switched from Enzymedica Digest Gold to this product. Digest Gold is one of the best quality non-vegetarian, broad-pH products but has increased in price recently. This one has worked almost as well but costs a lot less.

Best digestives

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have used many brands of digestive enzymes. These are the best - low price, full-spectrum enzymes. I no longer suffer discomfort after food.

Instead of Digest Gold...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I tried these as an alternative to Digest Gold and have been very pleased. Same benefit and a lower cost.

A. Torz

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from food intolarances and before using this product a lot of my food was passing through my system undigested. Vastly improved since using this excellent product.

Excellent Initial De-tox

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

We're in our early 60s, and have learned a great deal lately about the gut, toxic fat and estrogens, and all manner of other problems. We've learned about blocked digestion, and the body's natural attempt to solve the problem by craving refined sugar. Refined sugar enters the system almost directly (through the mouth and stomach lining). With blocked or improper digestion, we get almost no nutritional benefit from food we eat, and live on sugars. We started taking these digestive enzymes and within two days, had some cramping. That reduced out in one day, then immediately we "caught a cold." Knowing what was going on, we realized it's all about detoxification, not a "cold." That's been ongoing now, for about 40 days. The symptoms are slowly (very slowly) reducing, and we're feeling tremendously more energy, more overall optimism and vigor, and we've reduced our intake of refined (simple) sugar by about 50-percent. This is an excellent product, but be advised there likely will be some digestive and bowel issues for the first day or so as the upper intestinal tract begins to actually function again. Additional research also shows that no, we don't "stop producing digestive enzymes as we get older." Instead, we block our entire system, and can't access the enzymes the pancreas is naturally producing. Therefore, extended use of supplemental digestive enzymes may, in many situations, move the body towards using them as a "crutch." In other words, unless you know for a fact, from lab tests that you do not produce any of a particular enzyme at all, then use these periodically and try to fix the underlying problems. Note also, that because amylase speeds up carbohydrate digestion, it can cause sugar spikes in the blood.