One of Four Great Energy Boosters

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have chronic fatigue associated with low adrenal output, and very early on I found that L-Carnitine, Magnesium, CoQ10, and D-Ribose work excellently to produce energy at the cellular level. I have used this foursome for years; however, recently my pulse rate went up, and I was astonished to find it was the L-carnitine in association with a change in the supplements I was taking for low thyroid. I am told 5 to 9 percent of people may experience an increase in pulse rate when taking L-Carnitine either at the beginning of taking or later. This also happened to me after three years of taking L-Tyrosine (also an amazing energy booster for those with fatigue).

This Carnitine works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It is first and formost value for money. I take two on rising and then 2 just before my run and I find I can literally run kilometers more from 10km to 13km without running out of steam. This observation is immediate. In terms of fat loss, it has been 2 weeks and I am observably leaner. But I will observe more and check back. Clearly though, Carnitine has to be taken in higher doses of about 4 - 6 grams a day and this product makes it economically feasible.

H.C., IA.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After Angioplasty & prescription Drugs my legs hurt terribly!! After extensive and expensive Test's more drugs, no relief, same paine. I take 2 Best L-Carnetine Fumarate 855 twice dayly and can walk again for miles every day with my dog. I am pain-free and no longer buy expensive prescription drugs! Thank you iHerb for youre extensive 'Information Highway'. Update: 05/26/11; I am now taking 2 855mg L-Carnetine once a day. Feeling great.

Don't take if you have thyroid problems!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I didn't do enough research before buying this product. My thyroid gland whas been removed, so I'm taking thyroid hormone replacement meds, and according to some sources, which I found only afterwards (there wasn't any mention of it in the product info), L-carnitine interferes with thyroid hormones. If you have hyperthyroidism, you can take it, but if hypothyroidism or hormone replacement for other reasons, don't take it. Also, the pills are pretty big and thus hard to swallow without food. It's difficult to rate since I only took it a couple of times before realising I shouldn't take it.

Losing weight

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've always worked out and eaten healthy, but have been at pretty much the same weight for most of my adult life. After starting this I gradually lost two dress sizes over a couple of months without changing a thing. I have taken Acetyl L-Carnitine for a while now, and still do, but it doesn't affect my weight like the Fumarate. I take two caps first thing in the morning with my Emergen-c, then take one in the afternoon after lunch. I will definitely continue taking it!

1st time user

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been using L-Carnitine for about 1 week. I swear to God I already have more energy. I no longer feel like I need to have a nap in the middle of the day (I'm only 43!). That was my main readon for trying the product and I'm already convinced. I'll keep you posted on the fat loss. Thank guys! Sonia

Helping with Weight Loss

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the numbers on the scale, the fit of my clothes and how I look since starting this product. I wasn't expecting for it to help so much with weight loss, but it really does and I'm loving it.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this product three months and has helped me in my cardiovascular system. I have cardiomyopathy and has helped in my arrhythmias and significant improved in muscular function.

Great for fatigue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from boughts of fatigue and if I take this w/ L-Tyrosine on an empty stomach, sometimes I have more energy than I know what to do with. It's great!

Doctor's Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have had open heart surgery twice in the past 20 years. I have done some research and advice from my Doctor. I take the L-Carnitne, D-Ribose, Magnesium and Co-Q10 daily. This combination helps with the ATP function of the cells in the body. I was having irregular heartbearts but since being on this combination my heart beats fine and my last thallium stress test showed inprovement from a year ago. Before taking these talk to your Doctor and let him/her know what you would like to try. iHerb has the best prices I can find and service that is second to none.