Help

Best lithium aspartate

Posted by TinVal on Aug 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Many health practitioners don't realize the need of lithium. It is a kind of misunderstood mineral just like Iodine is. In one study, researchers blocked a brain artery in rats. Some were pre-treated with lithium for 16 days, the rest weren't. The researchers reported that the lithium-treated rats experienced 56 percent less cell death and significantly fewer neurologic deficits than the control rats................. The amounts of lithium researchers recommend for brain anti-aging range from 10 to 20 milligrams (from lithium aspartate or lithium orotate) daily.................. Lithium significantly protects against this type of cell death-so much so that this effect has been called "robust" (a term scientists use to mean "It really works!").

Lithium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking Lithium aspartate to help improve my memory. I have been taking it for about 6 months and I believe it has helped tremendously. My thinking is clearer. My comprehension has also improved, and retention of details and facts. I will continues taking Doctor's Best Lithium Aspartate indefinitely.

stomach ache

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

used for 2 months and thought I had good effect and noticed more stable mood. I´m not bipolar but maybe slightly cyclothymic w/ about 3-4 depressive episodes every year, but nothing too serious. Anyway, after two months use 5mg / day I noticed stomach pains, and this grew into real sickness. Ditched the Li and it gradually dissappeared, now I am pretty certain Li was the culprit although it could be one of the other 15 supplements I take, or an interaction effect of some kind. I understand there is some uncertanity with how strong the orotate/aspartate form of Li really is so I just wanted to throw this out there for others.

Highly effective for steadying mood / reducing anger

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I found this micro-dose Lithium very effective for creating calmer, positive mood in myself, and for reducing and eventually stopping a long-standing extreme anger problem in a family member. It worked even when taking just 3 capsules per person per week. So I'm shattered it's discontinued. It was an invaluable offering from iHerb. NOTE: 5mg is a true micro dose of a trace element. It's of the order supplied naturally from soil and water. This tiny dose, or even much less, is effective for improving mood in otherwise healthy people lacking this background Lithium source (very common). This is VERY different from Lithium pharmaceutical drugs used for people who are sick with Bipolar Disorder or Schizophrenia! Pharmaceutical doses go up to 338mg elemental Lithium per day = 68 capsules = 1 entire bottle of Doctor's Best Lithium Aspartate every 42 hours! The drugs also contain a different form (carbonate) and require you to have your blood levels monitored for safety while taking these very high doses. So if you are seriously unwell don't imagine that you can self-treat with the ultra tiny doses in this product!! There is no comparison with the mega-doses contained in prescribed drugs.

Pills for my father

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My father is probably in Stage 2 Alzheimers and I'm afraid that I have seen no difference in his memory. We probably started giving him the herbs too late to matter.

sufficient quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am happy with this product. It is nice to balance out mineral level to create emotional stability w/o using toxic pharmaceutical levels.

So far so good

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Dec 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I tested v low in this on a hair elements test, so am just taking one capsule a month to slowly get my levels up.

Best Lithium Aspartate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I feel much better since using this product and believe I will still get more improvement.

DO NOT KNOW YET.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I HAVE NOT TAKING IT LONG ENOUGH TO GIVE AN OPPINION AT THIS TIME. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY RESULTS THAT I WAS HOPING FOR.

Efficacy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Too early to determine if effective