Help

how I saved my teeth

Posted by alloriginal on Dec 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After neglecting my teeth for over a decade, I finally was forced to a dentists office by a raging infection. The dentist poked and prodded, took xrays and asked how soon I intented to have dentures. With serious gum disease and several cavities, I was right at the tipping point where a future of applesauce and Polident seemed inevitable. I submitted to my first thorough teeth cleaning in decades, and resolved to finally get serious about my teeth and gums. I studied the matter at great length, and came up with a regimen that seems to have worked for me: Each morning I brush with a peroxide-containing toothpaste (Mentadent). I follow this by flossing with dental floss treated with tea tree (Desert Essence, Tea Tree Oil Dental Floss, Waxed, 50 Yds [45.7 m]). I follow this with a mouth rinse using one ounce of hot water, into which I've mixed a teaspoon of colloidal silver (FutureBiotics, Advanced Colloidal Silver, 4 fl oz [118 ml]). I swish the mixture around my mouth for 30 seconds or so, trying to reach between and behind all my teeth. At this point, I've killed as many bad germs as I can. I follow this with one tablespoon of liquid acidophilus (American Health, Probiotic Acidophilus, Plain Flavor, 16 fl oz [472 ml])mixed in one ounce of tepid water. I swish that around for 30 seconds or so, and spit the mixture out. During the day I'll have a couple of xylitol mints (Xlear Inc [Xclear], Spry, Berryblast Mints, Sugar Free, 240 Count, 144 g), which also kills the germs that cause cavities. It leaves my mouth feeling clean. In the evening I repeat the brushing and flossing, but follow it with a different regimen, designed to reduce inflammation and remineralize the teeth: in 2 ounces of warm water I mix a half-teaspoon of colloidal minerals (Trace Minerals Research, ConcenTrace, Trace Mineral Drops, 8 fl oz [237 ml]), a quarter teaspoon of ascorbate (Source Naturals, Ultimate Ascorbate C Powder, 16 oz [453.6 g])and a quarter teaspoon of MSM (Doctor's Best, Best MSM Powder, 250 g). I swish it around for 60 seconds or so, making sure it reaches every corner of my mouth. I believe that this saved my teeth. My dentist noticed that several cavities that he was expecting to fill were no longer there. Moreover, the gum disease that had threatened to have me in dentures was mysteriously cured. I now believe that I'll have my original teeth into my eighties, at least. Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

MSM is AWESOME, I said AWESOME

Posted by SherryB on Aug 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am one of MSM's biggest fans. I was in a car accident 14 years ago that left me with a twisted pelvis and chronic back pain. My muscles were so tight across my back and sacral/buttock area that I could not walk, sit or stand. Doctors put me on all kinds of drugs and I just fell into a deep depression, lost tons on weight and lost hope. I read about MSM and started taking it and it helped clear out so much muscle pain, spasms and tightness. My issue is significant, but this one product, I thank God for. Muscle pain, auto-immune issues, arthritis, joint pain, allergies....please give MSM a try. Start slowly on the dosage and work up and give it time. Doctor's Best has not additives. Clumps a little, but better than having additives.

Doctor's Best MSM Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

MSM has SO MANY benefits, it's impossible to mention them all. I do know I've been using the powder for years and have VERY long hair and have to file my nails down because they grow too long ! Relieves joint pain, Reduces stomach acid, Helps remove toxins from the body, Reduces stomach inflammation.

not for certain types of people

Posted by philla on Apr 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Brand is top notch IMO, supplement can be helpful if you tolerate and dosage appropriately. A lot of people will have severe detox reactions to this if sensitive to sulfur. Many people (i.e. CFS/ME sufferers) are inefficient at metabolizing sulfur compounds and the loose sulfur in this can end up as sulfates and sulfites. I tried a similar but swedish brand of MSM in '07, got hypothyroid and chilly for many weeks and months thereafter. Resolved when I upped the molybdenum and understood importance of methylation and transsulfuration in detoxing. For people having adverse reactions to this, it can be helpful to have in mind that the product is not stale or bad, but it might not suit your unique detox profile. If you include it in your regime, you may benefit from some extra vitamin C, Molybdenum and possibly a B - Complex (with high Thiamine, since sulfites deplete this vitamin)

Perfect OptiMSM

Posted by TinVal on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the few MSM powders without silica used as anti caking agent. OptiMSM is manufactured in the United States according to strict manufacturing standards, eliminating the risk of contamination from toxins like benzene, toluene or pesticides. Other brands, for example these made in China may contain impurities or contaminants. OptiMSM is pharmaceutical grade quality and is produced by the method of distillation which removes any potential impurities, leaving only pure 99.9% MSM.

My skin is much better

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My skin went through an transformation, it went smoother and brighter. This stuff have a litlle weird aftertaste, but it really doesnt matter. I love this product.,

Works Great.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this for just on a month and have noticed a definite improvement. The pain in my hands from Osteo Arthritis is not as bad and I don't need to take any other pain killers as often as I did. I've also noticed an improvement in my Fybromyalgia pain. I started with two x 1/4 teaspoons a day, (2,000mg in total) and have just increased to two x 1/2 teaspoons a day. I've just bought the book "The Miracle of MSM" by Dr Stanley Jacob. A must read if you're using this product. I feel as if I'm finally getting control of my pain again instead of it controlling me!!! Great stuff. Excellent price too. My only regret is that I can no longer buy this from I Herb due to Australia's customs laws.

Love it. Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Doctor's Best msm for about 3 weeks and I am happy with it. i bought specifically for my hair.It's hard to tell the results on my hair but it has totally improved my skin, especially my face. I can't wait to see what results I am gonna getafter using for 2 mths or so. Anyways, i love the products and I will defitely continue using it. I would recommend you to try it.

The power of MSM

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I'm amazed at how much MSM we need in our daily nutrition. I took it for my skin condition of eczema, and it actually helped it so fast! The powder of Doctor's Best is a bit hard to to dissolve, but it's definitely worth the price. I took more than the recommended amount, which was 10 grams a day, with no side effects. That's because my body needs it so much. Everyone should take MSM, you'll be amazed.

Great MSM powder!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have really noticed a big difference in some of the pain I had in my jaw and knee. It is nearly gone in my jaw and much better in my knee. I mix it in my soy shake along with "C" powder and add a little splenda or stevia because it has a terrible taste by itself. The price is so much cheaper than using glucosamine pills and works a lot better. Thanks iherb for great service and prices :)