Surprised at how well it's worked

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love Iherb! The prices are wonderful and the shipping is usually fast. I was browsing the site, checked out what was listed for pain and saw the serrapeptase. I read the reviews, the price was great, and decided to try a bottle of the 90 capsules. Taking three capsules, three times a day for a week, I started to notice my sinuses were clearing up. I have a bottle of otc nasal spray, afrin I think, next to my bed. I've been using that for a few months when I go to bed to open my sinuses so I could breath, then at night sometimes I'd wake up and use it again so I could get back to sleep. I've never had to use that stuff other than when I had a cold so it was a frustrating to have to keep using it. But I haven't used that nasal spray since I've been on the serrapeptase. I have fibromyalgia and since about April, I've had pretty bad sciatica. I didn't realize how much pain I've been in until it started getting better. I was getting down to the last of the 90 capsule bottle I bought when I realized I was moving more easily and had less over all body pain. At work, toward the end of my shift especially, I was very achy and tired. If I dropped something on the floor, I'd stand there and look at it and think, dang, I don't want to try and pick that up. Because I knew it was going to hurt, all over! Then I realized I was picking up things and not experiencing pain. I was moving more freely and easily. It feels like my body is lighter! Unfortunately it hasn't helped the sciatica much, nor the pain in my neck which also crinkles and creaks. I just started hyaluronic acid for that and my knees that have given me pain occasionally, especially on stairs, for years. So hopefully that will help. But I'm very happy and surprised at the over all reduction in pain I've experienced with the serrapeptase! I can't attribute it to anything else. I decided to stay on that dosage for one month and then reduce the dose. I just started reducing to 2 capsules three times a day and then I'll go to one three times a day. I'm hoping for more benefits from it. I don't have large scars but maybe what I have will diminish. I don't have varicose veins or problems with my arteries that I know of. I ordered it for pain reduction and it's worked wonders for me in that regard. I will keep using it and see what long term effects it may have. I expected a possible 'healing crisis' or Herxheimer reaction but have not experience that. My IBS has gotten better though, things are much more normal there! And I haven't change my diet. I wonder if it's the serrapeptase. I have to say, Iherbs prices allow me to try things like this which I otherwise would not be able to. MSRP on this is over twice the price Iherb sells it for. I'm very grateful for Iherb!

everyone on earth should be taking this substance

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

As a long time sufferer of ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis, brought on by my inoculations during my military service, I have been in pain for almost 20 years. After about 10 days on this, the swelling and excruciating pain in my hands was all but gone-yes-totally gone. The general pain that I feel daily in my spine, knees, hips, elbows, and feet has been mitigated immensely too. I am also thinking more clearly, as I don't have to take as much of my narcotic pain medication any longer. This is a miracle. I have read a great deal about Serapeptase, and until I tried it, was skeptical that I would have life changing effects from it. More than a month and a half from my first dose, I can say that my life is forever changed. Since my diseases shorten the lives of those unlucky enough to have the genetic predisposition or the outside intervention of a massive overdose of inoculation born adjuvants, I can tell you that I have a good chance of dieing a full 25 years "before my time". However, with the major changes this substance has brought, there is hope that the damage already done to my organs and joints may be partially reversed, and may never again get worse. I strongly urge anyone with any type of pain, be it from a disease, or just wear and tear on their joints to take this. Furthermore, the research says it completely clears your arteries-so take my advice-use it! It is cheap-has no bad side effects(other than a few days of intestinal stuff when you first start on it). Go for it-I am glad I did! Matt

Low, low price

Posted by filmoyster on Jun 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a very good price for this enzyme. I use this for inflammation, headaches and the hope that this could be a fountain of youth! Must be taken on empty stomach for absorption.

Enteric Coating - Phthalate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The components of this enteric coating are banned in many countries - phthalate. This would be a good product if the coating wasn't toxic.

WARNING

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It's hard to find any literature about the negative side effects of Serrapeptase. If you search the internet it looks like a miracle enzym. And it is for many people, but not for me and not for my friend. First I had some fatigue and head ache, this can be normal for the first days. After a week the fatigue was gone and I didn't notice any positive effects. A week later I started to have MORE PAIN in almost ALL MY JOINTS and much acid in my muscles. When I checked with my friend she had the same reaction, so I was sure it was because of the Serrapeptase. But... maybe we just had to get through this and then it would be better, so we tried another week. Then my friend got pneumonia. She was getting sicker every day. And I didn't feel good either. I searched the internet for negative side effects, but couldn't find any in the first place. After a couple of hours I finally found something and it became clear that our pain en her pneumonia was caused by the Serrapeptase. We both suffer from FM (Fibromyalgia) and MPS (Myofascial pain syndrome) and my guess is that the latter in combination with Serrapeptase can cause more pain, inflammation and in my friends case pneumonia. It may help for FM, but be aware that most people with FM also have MPS and my reaction to Serrapeptase was more pain, inflammation in the muscles and many more trigger points! So, if you have FM and want to try it, pay close attention to how you feel!

Doctor's Best, Best Serrapeptase, 90 Veggie Caps

Posted by Springtime on Apr 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Serrapeptase is proteolytic enzyme. Proteolytic enzymes are enzymes that break down proteins into their smallest elements. When taken on an empty stomach, proteolytic enzymes pass through the stomach or intestine lining and enter the circulatory system, they circulate throughout the body. I take Serrapeptase before meals and it helps me greatly to alleviate pain resulting from the traumatic inflammation. Excellent product, highly recommend. Thanks for the great service!

working on scars

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I leave my bottles of nattokinase and serrapatase on my bedside table and take one of each when I wake up. After 3 months, I am seeing a few small scars on my face shrink and also an open nodule on my knuckle that was always infected and leaked joint fluid has healed and is shrinking after 7 years of living with the constant infection and ugliness. I considered taking more, but not sure of side-effects and is working. Thanks i-herb, I am addicted to your service and your prices. These things would cost more than twice as much in Oz!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is fantastic for opening the sinuses of a chronically congested sinus sufferer. Opens sinuses so you can breathe all night long while you are sleeping. Something I haven't been able to do for years until trying this product!

BEWARE!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I only took 2 caps and I had severe chills and shudders all night! I had to turn on the heat in the summer and wrap myself in blankets! I had nausea and kept heaving to vomit but I suppressed the urge since I didn't have the strength to get out of bed and I was concerned I would pass out with no one around to take me to the hospital! This severe reaction was either due to the product or the "toxic" enteric coating! I've never had this bad of an allergic reaction to a supplement! I don't believe this is a SAFE product for some at least!

Allergies Under Control

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2006 | Verified Purchase

Serrapeptase has allowed me to get off my allergy medications! No more Allegra or Benadryl or Zyrtec! It gives total sinus relief!