Cannot feel the effect

Posted by RubiesHealth on Apr 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have tested many CoQ10 formula - ubiquinol, ubiquinone (Kaneka certified), oil-based in softgel, powder form in capsule, hydro-soluble form that is recommended by cardiologist Dr Sinatra, and more. This formula seems to contain the right ingredient to enhance absorption - olive oil as a carrier, lecithin as an emulsifier, and pepper which is known to aid absorption. But I do not feel the effect in sports, even after taking twice or 3 times daily. Don't take CoQ10 simply for peace of mind. It is not like supplements that work "quietly", like calcium, until you do a scan or blood test. You can and you must feel the difference with CoQ10. Test the effect by doing something physically strenuous, like climbing stairs for old-folks, or doing your regular sport. There are many brands on iherb (despite lower ratings) that are more effective. Jarrow A-Absorb series and Country Life hydrosoluble softgel are examples.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1820521 on Mar 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Since last summer I've been taking this about 2-3 times a week, for heart and nerve damage I got from a seizure-inducing Ativan addiction in 2004(which the prescribing doctors always told me was not addictive). Since taking this CoQ10, my heart palpitations have really diminished, and I feel much stronger. I'm able to work out without getting extremely shaky and fatigued the next day. I also don't wake up in a sweat with heart palpitations as often as I used to. My anxiety levels and social phobias have gone down as well, and I feel much more in control. I also get no bad symptoms from any of the fillers. I really like these softgels. Just wish CoQ10 wasn't so expensive, since I live below poverty level, thanks to the pharmaceutical industry ruining a decade of my life. It's definitely something any psyche med survivor should try. I've never heard of it helping nerve damage and would love to see some research on this aspect. I'm sure it's healed some of my nerve damage.

Very important if you are taking statins!

Posted by NaturalHealthSK on Dec 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

CoQ10 is a compound that occurs naturally within the cells of the human body. Its main role is to support energy production in our cells and act as an anti-oxidant. As I said, this conditionally essential nutrient is really important if you are taking statins, since these inhibit CoQ10 production in the body, and/or if you have inherited mitochondrial disease, but you might also give it a shot if you are suffering from one of the following: Periodontal disease; Heart problems; Fibromyalgia; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Migraines; Depression; Hypertension; Huntington’s disease; Parkinson’s disease..and possibly much more, since as an anti-oxidant, it has potential to be helpful in every disease where oxidative stress is increased. There is much more research that has to be done on some of the mentioned health ailments though. As we get older, we are becoming less effective in converting CoQ10 from this form, ubiquinone, to reduced and active form, ubiquinol, so if you are 50+, consider taking active form of CoQ10. Me and my family have only good experiences with this brand, so I definitely recommend this product to you. Price is great too!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

CoQ10 is an critcal antioxidant that not only neutralise free radicals, CoQ10 is mainly found in heart, kidney and liver. it is also important in energy production (ATP). CoQ10 also helps the body in many other ways like reducing high blood pressure, cholesterol, reverse neuro,degenerative disease, prevent heart diseases. . Our CoQ10 level in our body declines as we age therefore it's important to supplement with this products. For this product, it is very affordable. Doctor's Best has the best pricings and other companies are selling at much higher prices. The softgels are made of gelatin (not for vegetarian), smaller than the veggie caps and easy to swallow. The CoQ10 is pharmaceutical-grade from Japan so the quality is from a good source. One thing to take note is that CoQ10 is fat-soluable and it comes with extra-virgin olive oil within the softgels so it should not be an issue. In addition, CoQ10 is known to be poor absorbed when taken orally. This product is in the ubiquinone form which means it will still need to be converted to the ubiquinol to be used. If you can also buy ubiquinol but it's much more expensive. Therefore, each pill comes with bioperine which is clincally provided to increase absorption by 31.8%! In addition, bioperine can also aid to increase absorption of other supplements taken at the same time. The instruction is to take 1 caps daily. Imo, 1 caps per daily is too little and you are unlikely to feel anything. I would recommend at least 2 caps per days. 3-4 will be ideal and you can really feel the energy boost at this level. If you take 4 per day, this bottle can last a month and it's not pricey for the benefits. Best kept in refrigerator and the oil component is easily oxidised in hot and humid climate. Check out my page for more reviews!

Skin looks much better

Posted by 4717731087784619802 on Apr 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this product for me and my mother, because i read a lot about how important is CoQ10 for everyone, especially over 30. Im sure it has many benefits, but for the 2 weeks we are taking it i can tell for sure that our skin looks much better. My mother is 57 years old and her face looks great now, the small wrinkles are looking more smooth and i guess in future it will get even better. CoQ10 has also great benefits for her blood pressure. I feel more energy after takig these and my other supplements, so im not sure if its the CoQ10 or the others...or maybe all together, but i feel great and love it! With this being said i suggest taking this one right after food (we take it after our lunch), cause the BioPerine in it may cause some troubles in the stomach(heartburn) if your stomach is sensitive and isnt used the black pepper. Will add reviews to all other stuff i use to support my healthy weight loss, so if you like my review please let me know by clicking Yes and also feel free to check My iHerb page to see all my other reviews! Thank you!

PLEASE READ THE "FACTS" AS MANY SCIENTIST HAVE PROVEN

Posted by Reviewer2681241 on Jul 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

As a long-time (12+ years) of iHerb i have many different products that has helped me in ways that so-called "Doctors" never could. And for THAT reason I want to share VERY IMPORTANT information with you: Straight from world renown Scientist around the world! Conclusion: In summary, many aggressive Marketing Campaigns introducing Ubiquinol has created false and misleading claims that have only generated more confusion about CoQ10. The apparent lack of superior absorption, instability in the stomach, no clinical efficacy studies and the high cost of Ubiquinol have to be considered when making a decision as to which CoQ10 form should be sourced. Ubiquinone has been used around the world as the CoQ10 supplement for more than three decades. Millions of consumers experience its many benefits each day. Ubiquinone and Ubiquinol are redox pairs in that one can be rapidly converted to the other and vice versa in areas where their specific functions are required. Thus, does it really matter which form is taken as a supplement? Yes it does matter. First, there is a cost comparison in that consumers still look for the lowest cost and effective products. Since the forms of CoQ10 can be easily converted from one form to another, it makes sense to choose a form that is more affordable. It was previously mentioned that Ubiquinol molecule becomes oxidized in the stomach. Consequently, taking Ubiquinol as a nutrient is essentially the same as taking the more stable and less expensive oxidized form. Second, regardless of the product type, the most critical aspect of CoQ10 supplementation is absorption. Due to the high cost of CoQ10, an understanding of the best delivery system to maximmize absorption becomes the critical component in an effective and successful CoQ10 supplement. A CoQ10 product with superior absorption properties is important in that dosage levels can be reduced to attain the same effective blood levels and health benefits.