Help

On Statins - you need COQ10 -

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you are on Statins you should be taking COQ10 to prevent the Statins depleting your body and you can experience muscle and joint aches. I didn't take any for quite a while because I had misplaced them and wondered why I was feeling OLD and slowing up Then, when cleaning out my drawer there they were so I took 2 - 100 mg and wow - within a short time was out mowing the lawn and trimming the edges. I am 65 - and still play badminton and go to yoga and also walk. . These are a Great product and a fantastic price. I have used for many years now and they are a wonderful company with an amazing range of more than 35,000 natural products. Purchase with confidence.

Doctor's Best, High Absorption CoQ10, 100 mg

Posted by Springtime on Apr 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Many people use coenzyme Q-10 for treating heart and blood vessel conditions, chest pain (angina), high blood pressure, and heart problems . It is also used for diabetes and gum disease. Coenzyme Q-10 helps me to increase energy. This is because coenzyme Q-10 has a role in producing ATP. When I take this product, I just feel better. Highly recommend this product. Thanks for the great service iHerb! :)

This is an excellent product to boost your energy level

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Highly dosed with BioPerine for better absorption. It sure works for me. I am a cancer patient and this is one of the many supplements I take in order to keep my energy levels high. Probably it is the combination of all products that work for me but I am sure this one forms an important part of the success. I had 43 chemo's including a stem cell transplantation (April 2011) and I am very thankful for feeling the way I do.

Noticeable improvement in high blood pressure

Posted by MarieCurie on Feb 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My blood pressure readings were consistently in the pre-hypertensive range. Hypertension and heart disease run in my family, and I also take a medication which raises my blood pressure. I did some research -- I'm a PhD student and pulled up clinical trials on PubMed instead of rely on advice from some bro with a potbelly who works at GNC. There are several legit studies of the use of CoQ10 supplementation for the treatment of hypertension. According to one review, CoQ10 reduced systylic blood pressure up to 17.8 mmHg, and diastolic up to 10 mmHg. After a month of taking 100 mg of CoQ10 and fish oil, I was noticing my blood pressure readings (I own a blood pressure reader) were consistently in the normal range. Even while my stimulants were working and in the midst of finals week. I will definitely continue taking this supplement, and this brand is a great price. Source: Rasmussen, C. B., Glisson, J. K., & Minor, D. S. (2012). Dietary supplements and hypertension: potential benefits and precautions. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension. / Check my page for more Reviews. /Click YES if I was helpful.

5 stars!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking Doctor's Best High Absorption CoQ10 for about a month. I can say that it gives me more vital energy. As well as my complexion looks brighter and more youthful. Я принимаю Doctor's Best High Absorption CoQ10 около месяца. Могу сказать, что действительно чувствую прилив жизненной энергии. Плюс, мой цвет лица стал заметно лучше, моложе.

Have HEALTH ALEART FOR CUSTOMERS OVER 25: Don’t waste your money on this product. Buy the best value for money and best selling fully reduced ubiquinol (Product Number: HOG-36467 or HOG-36469) instead

Posted by My-Review-Page on May 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Some reviewers’ very informative reviews prompted me to conduct my own Internet search on ubiquinone vs. ubiquinol. I did find the same comment made by Dr Mercola (“If you're over 25, you should use the reduced ubiquinol formula to help you absorb the CoQ10 you need.”). The following statements are from Wikipedia: Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) exists in three redox states, fully oxidized (ubiquinone), partially reduced (semiquinone or ubisemiquinone), and fully reduced (ubiquinol). The antioxidant action of ubiquinol is now considered to be one of the most important functions in cellular systems. Ubiquinol is the antioxidant form of CoQ10 and is essential for mitochondrial synthesis of energy. It is the only known lipid-soluble antioxidant that is endogenously synthesized, protecting biological membranes against lipid peroxidation as well as regenerating other antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Published clinical and experimental research shows that ubiquinol affects cardiovascular health, neuronal metabolism, renal health, and genes related to lipid/lipoprotein metabolism and inflammation. Since the ubiquinol form has two additional hydrogens, it results in the conversion of two ketone groups into hydroxyl groups on the active portion of the molecule. This causes an increase in the polarity of the CoQ10 molecule and may be a significant factor behind the observed enhanced bioavailability of ubiquinol. Orally, ubiquinol exhibits greater bioavailability than ubiquinone: 150 mg per day of ubiquinol in a softgel resulted in peak blood values of 3.84 mcg/ml within 28 days.

Great to add for oil pulling

Posted by JadeD-AB on Jul 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Many reviews here mentioned that CoQ10 was excellent for oral health and since it is oil soluble so I tried opening the capsule and dissolving it in coconut oil for oil pulling. My sensitive teeth felt much better right away. If I have to buy in Thailand regular price I wouldn't experiment it for anything. Thanks for Iherb, my mom also responded very positive to this Dr.Best CoQ10 that she saved her last capsule to ask many local phamas for this supplements... :) :D She didn't catch what it's called. It's difficult for her to memorize English name when she didn't pay attention. I think she will know its name from now on. I saw with my own eyes how she was much more energetic than before in her 70s and confirmed with her own words. She only take one capsule a day!! I'm getting a softgel form for her to try in a few days.

our standard

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Dr. said to take CoQ10 with Lipitor... and this seems to be a cheap and effective product. We take it regularly. With CoQ10, color seems to indicate quality... and this is usually a pretty deep orange.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

CoQ10 is an critcal antioxidant that not only neutralise free radicals, it is also important in energy production (ATP). CoQ10 is mainly found in heart, kidney and liver. CoQ10 also helps the body in many other ways like reducing high blood pressure, cholesterol, reverse neuro,degenerative disease, prevent heart diseases. Our CoQ10 level in our body declines as we age therefore it's important to supplement with this products. CoQ10 is known to be taken as high as 1000mg/day without side effects! For this product, it is very affordable. Doctor's Best has the best pricings and other companies are selling at much higher prices. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. The CoQ10 is pharmaceutical-grade from Japan so the quality is from a good source. One thing to take note is that CoQ10 is fat-soluable therefore it must be taken with meals with fats. In addition, CoQ10 is known to be poor absorbed when taken orally. This product is in the ubiquinone form which means it will still need to be converted to the ubiquinol to be used. If you can also buy ubiquinol but it's much more expensive. Therefore, each pill comes with bioperine which is clincally provided to increase absorption by 31.8%! In addition, bioperine can also aid to increase absorption of other supplements taken at the same time.The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The instruction is to take 1 caps daily. Imo, 1 caps per daily is too little and you are unlikely to feel anything. I would recommend at least 2 caps per days. 3-4 will be ideal and you can really feel the energy boost at this level. If you take 4 per day, this bottle can last a month and it's not pricey for the benefits. Check out my page for more reviews!

CoQ10 with side effect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I took about one month and finally decide to quit. It gave me stomach pain and soft diarrhea. My stomach pain didn't go a way until I quit. Not for me.