Good Magnesium product

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is a good choice for someone who does not want to take a powdered magnesium or is away from home and taking a powder is too inconvenient. This glycinate/Lycinate form is more absorbable than most other forms and does not have as strong laxative effect. It can have some effect, so just be aware. I have written much about the great benefits of magnesium so I will not go in to it here. But..... I will say most people are now deficient in magnesium due to modern farming practices. You will do well for yourself by taking some amount of a supplement. I like the Dr. Best brand. They do not manufacture their products but they source from good quality companies and put together well thought out products. Their pricing is usually reasonable too. To see my favorite magnesium product that is highly absorbable go to my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. You will see many other value added reviews. If you found this helpful kindly click on the YES button. Peace and good health.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer1759205 on Jul 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This has removed what I believed to be social anxiety. that AMAZING as I have lived with social anxiety since being a young kid. No tension when I am in crowded places, meeting new people, having groups of kids run and play and potentially crash into me. I feel blessed.

Recommended for strong bones and mountaineering

Posted by Reviewer2512653 on Feb 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Having been convinced by Dr Barnett's research that magnesium deficiency causes osteoporosis, and that magnesium deficiency is very common, I decided three years ago that I would take two 200mg tablets a day. The Doctor's Best tablets are relatively cheap but appear to be a good product. Although they are rather large to swallow they do go down all right, and I have had absolutely no digestive problems as a result of taking them. I take only two food supplements - these and vitamin D - so I am not a pill addict, but I would recommend these to anyone, particularly in later life, who wants to maintain good health for a long time. At the age of seventy I am training for a 24 hour, 30 mile mountain walking challenge with 12,000 ft of climbing including some rock faces, so I reckon I am a pretty good advertisement for strong bones and continuing good health, with some assistance from Doctor's Best!

Goes down easy

Posted by Reviewer1870636 on Jan 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This magnesium supplement is 100% chelated, not buffered, with amino acids glysine and lysine. The result is a molecular footprint that does not require digestion, it passes directly into your body. I have had zero side effects from taking this magesium supplement. I take magnesium to improve health at the cell level with particular attention to maintaining a healthy heart. I've been going to the gym for several years and grew accustomed to sore muscles between workouts. Since I started taking this magnesium supplement the soreness has completely disappeared. It is a remarkable change for me. I am sold on the claim that magnesium also improves the ability of muscles to relax.

Easy on the stomach

Posted by Reviewer2884447 on Sep 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take 2 tablets at night before going to bed. Helps reduce muscle pains and consequently helps me sleep. My Dr. recommended Magnesium Glycinate over other forms because it is easily absorbed and doesn't cause loose stools. Works for me.

Excellent Amount ELEMENTAL MAgnesium But Tablets Quite Big

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Nov 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Make sure to get enough magnesium. And make sure to choose a good magnesium product that has lots of ELEMENTAL MAGNESIUM like Doctor's Best Magnesium has! Don't let manufacturers fool you, most of them give the magnesium amount like AS magnesium citrate or AS magnesium oxide for example, and that does not mean anything unless you know how many procent of that magnesium component has ELEMENTAL magnesium in it. I update this because I have got new knowledge: I now guess that many manufacturers mean actually elemental amount even when they use the AS. It is recommended to give amounts in elemental amounts in supplements, but it is not a must. I contactacted Solgar and they state all in elemental amounts and they use the AS form like as magnesium citrate. Doctor's Best gives you straight the right answer, because they use the FROM form which leaves nothing questionable, you know exactly how much MAGNESIUM you will get from a tablet. And magnesium FROM magnesium glycinate / lycinate chelate is well absorbed by the body. I warmly recommend this magnesium product but I know that some people find the tablets too big to swallow. That is why I gave 4 stars and not 5. Also the magnesium stearate used in the tablet can bother some people. However, there are not many good magnesium products available so you really should consider this one seriously I think. One good choice is LifeFlo Magnesium Chloride Oil (check out my page above) if you find these tablets too big for you. Many magnesium products have big tablets like this one. Hope you found this review helpful. If so, please click the Yes Button below. Thank you. You are also warmly welcome to read my other reviews.

best magnesium chelate supplement

Posted by Reviewer2561790 on Dec 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I found this a great supplement to increase my low levels of magnesium in my body. Don't get discouraged if you don't get immediate results- it took 3 weeks for me to notice any difference in my health. My blood pressure has lowered to normal, I feel calmer and more in control ( I'm a worry wort type of person ) I'm sleeping more than before at night, my energy level has increased and I'm sure that the longer I take it the better my results will be and I'll also be able to lower my dose that I take. Right now I take 2 x 5 tablets a day (m total of 10 a day ) to help increase my low levels of magnesium. I've also found this product is excellent to get rid of headaches and migraines but you have to keep on taking 2 capsules at a time frequently to get rid of the headaches and migraine. I highly recommend this supplement as one of the basics to take for your health along with a good vitamin/ mineral suppliment

Got to try to Believe

Posted by Reviewer2312168 on Jun 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

If you have arthritis or rheumatism in your joints, for me it was my knees, you have to try this supplement. I having endured 5 knee surgeries and 1 reconstruction I have suffered with swelling and painful joint movement where it was almost unbearable to do anything for any length of time. But after taking this supplement, in just 4 days, the difference was just unbelievable. No pain, this was better than any aspirin, IB, Motrin, or pain killers I can remember trying that gave me this much pain relief and allowed me to have movement back in my knees to the fullest extent. Please just try it, it will be the best thing that ever happened to you, I wish I had come across this 40 years ago with my first surgery.

IT IS FREAKING AWESOME

Posted by panaceaspecialist on Mar 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I feel completely relaxed, this is the true magnesium with very high absorption ratio (not like oxide and carbonate that have about 4% absorption ratio). This is the best, and the most needed body nutrient, good for heart "skips", good for muscle relaxation, good for many more things. I feel like I took some type of benzodiazepine based pill. I have huge problem with anxiety, this is just amazing, I can not commend any more this product. 10/10. I divided the dosage, and I take 1 tablet every 5-6 hours. The effect is better, at least for me. MY ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION ARE GONE, JUST FOUR DAYS AFTER STARTING ON THIS AMAZING STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor's Best, High Absorption Magnesium

Posted by Evolema on Aug 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Had to stop this after a few weeks. It made me urinate soooo much even at low doses (100-200 mg) day. I had to get up 5 times during the night and i urinated a looooot each time. My sleep also got worse and i felt more anxious. I cant explain it, its just made me feel opposite what it was suppose to. Maybe its just me who cant tolerate this form of magnesium. There is like 125mg of magnesium citrate in my multivitamins and i don't get these symptoms from those.