Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used NOW's pepzin, but this Doctor's brand is surely better since it only offers Pepzin whereas NOW includes 2 other herbs and additives... It may sound confusing why Doctor's is better, but after using NOW's for 2 months I have developed moderate stomach spasms whenever I take the pills due to either slippery elm or other herbs or additives in NOW's product...I suspect this is allergic reaaction... i can't take the product anymore. When I want to buy Pepzin, I want to buy Pepzin,.. not a combination of other things that really doesn't help me with stomach illness. Doc's product offers ony Pepzin and that is all I need!

Superior! Magnificent!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Works marvelously. Relieved me from many years of indigestion, heartburn, sour stomach, belching and general digestion discomfort. I felt immediate improvement 20 min after taking the very first pill. I was taking it for 2 weeks as prescribed, 2 pills a day. After 2 weeks, I felt certain tension and discomfort in the stomach. I realized that for this session, the drug achieved maximum of what it could. So, I stopped taking it on the regular basis, resorting to it only as-necessary, which is approximately for a couple of days in one-two months, in case of upset stomach.

A Lifesaver for Ulcerated Stomachs

Posted by HelloItsMe on May 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This helped me heal ulcers caused by powerful oral meds during a hospitalization. Took 2 per day (1 w/ breakfast, 1 with dinner), along with a regimen including Mastic Gum (AM & PM on an empty stomach), DGL as needed, Yogi Stomach Ease Tea, & Goldenseal to help heal the ulcers. EXCELLENT results. This can help people w/ gastritis as well. Highly recommended--while stomach was healing, could definitely tell the difference when I forgot to take!

Great Stuff!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered with Gastritis for a few years now, and have tried several different perscriptions, they work for awhile then I have to find a new one. My natural medicine doctor told me about how zinc/L-carnosine helps to heal the lining of the stomach, not just shut the pump off! The Doctors Best PepZinGI is working very good, and I am feeling better everyday. Will order this again!!!

Good for ulcer

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used this before and then quit for a while and my stomach problems came back. So I started taking it again and it is helping. I use it along with DGL, Aloe vera juice, and mastic gum. Does take a little while to feel the benefit.

Wonderful Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have scarring on my esophagus from years of acid reflux disease and suffer from frequent heart burn and indigestion. I have learned to not eat late in the evening and sleep propped up in bed. Unfortunately, I also have to take an NSAID for arthritis and have been recently diagnosed with internal bleeding. I came across your product doing a google search on stomach ulcers. I am only into a few weeks of the regimen, but I can't tell you what a difference it has made in my comfort level. Unless I eat something I shouldn't late at night, I have stopped waking up with heartburn acid reflux. And, swallowing, which was a problem because of scar tissue on my esophagus, is much easier. I return to the doctor soon for a recheck of the bleeding and fully expect it to be less, if not gone.

The Wonder of L-Carnosine!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Having had too many antibiotics in the past for various ailments, & also suffering from Irritable Bowel, my intestinal mucosa was suffering greatly. Since taking Pepsin GI, I am feeling so much better & able to eat foods which would previously cause adverse effects. I feel so much 'stronger' in the digestive area & that my immune system is far better than it has been for a long time.

Heals your stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

PepZinGi really works to heal your stomach. I take an anti inflammatory every day which can really mess up your stomach. I have been taking PeZinGi for a couple of years and hope it never goes off the market. I don't have any stomach problems ever since I began taking this product. It takes a few weeks, of consistent use, to heal up your stomach and then a maintenance dose. This is a miracle product.

Not good for those with histamine issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The 1 out of 5 only applies to using it if you have histamine problems. The second time I took a pill I soon came out in unbearable itchiness (despite having taken a zyrtec that morning). Have discovered that carnosine degrades to histidine then histamine.

good results

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was taking ulcetrol from Now with much success. PepZinGI was an ingredient at this dosage, as was mastic gum. I have switched to this and Allergy REsearch Group Mastic Gum. It has been two weeks and I am very pleased. This combo is much cheaper than the Now Ulcetrol.