Big doubts on the authentic liposomal properties of this one...

Posted by iLove-iHerb on May 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have doubts about the authentic liposomal claims of this product. I've been using the Livon Labs product for over two years now and find it very good. I purchased the Dr Mercola's product trusting it would be as good as it claimed. The quantity in the capsule is very small compared to Livon Labs, and on cutting open a capsule for inspection I was dismayed by what I found; a firm paste consistency that when rubbed through the fingers, distinctive "gritty" feel of the ascorbic acid crystals is felt - this shouldn't occur if the ascorbic acid is coated by the lipids. The taste test confirms it also... it has the unmistakable sour tang of ascorbic acid. If you're familiar with the Livon Labs product, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's disappointing, and I expect this product is no more beneficial than taking regular ascorbic acid - but at an inflated price.

Really Expensive Ascorbic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product was introduced here on iherb in February 2013. At that time I was really excited that new liposomal product is available and is aprroximately 50% cheaper than competition. Now I know why and learned my lesson. I have also opened capsule and tasted it's content - it's completely sour. It looks like they just mixed lecithin with ascorbic acid without liposomal encapsulation technology involved and then just put it into the capsules. Not going to buy anymore.

Good Product but to much paprika

Posted by MarieMR on Oct 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Firstly I put a capsule in warm water to see how long it would take to dissolve and it took 30 minutes. It became a clear liquid with lots and lots of floating paprika pieces floating in the water. I opened a capsule and it was grainy and tasted very bitter as AA should. It seems to be in an oily substance which is suppose to be sunflower lecithin. Since it all mixed with water completely except for the paprika It seems to have no other oils floating on top so it must be lecithin. I wish this had no paprika in it as I do not need a supplement to look a beautiful orange to take it and actually makes the capsules look like they are off as the clumps of paprika pile up on various sides of the capsule so look like black dark spots inside the capsule and it is not until you actually see one dissolve that you find out it is the paprika. Also if you need to take high doses the paprika upsets your tummy if you have a sensitive stomach. After all this is said I can take up to 10-12 caps a day with no diarrhea and with normal AA I would get diarrhea after 5 grams. High dosages help with low back pain and keep my sinus at bay. Another family member cannot take these as she is sensitive to paprika. I would purchase again as Dr Mercola product is GMO free and have no fillers, except paprika which serves no health purpose what so ever that is why I gave three star rating. I what to use another Liposomal Vitamin C but so far they are all made with GMO Corn.

Water activates the liposomes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have written to the Mercola website re the ascorbic acid appearing to not be liposomal form when the capsules are opened. They said consuming it with water activates the liposomes.

Not a premium Liposomal Vitamin C product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I also have used Livon Labs Vitamin C in the past, however I decided to try Dr. Mercola's Liposomal Vitamin C instead (because of the lower price). After seeing iLove-iHerb’s review, I decided to cut the capsule in half and was displeased to see that there was noticeably less ascorbic acid in Dr. Mercola's than Livon Labs. I found the contents very grainy and the taste was sour which is uncharacteristic of Liposomal Vitamin C. Overall I learned my lesson (what a waste of $18).

Dr. Mercola, Liposomal Vitamin C, 60 Licaps Capsules Dr. Mercola, Liposomal Vitamin C, 60 Licaps Capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Excellent Liposomal C. This is half the price of another brand of Liposomal C on this site and far more convenient to take. I take mega doses and have had no gastric problems. I also like the fact that the Lecithin is not soy based as I'm trying to avoid GMO's. Good value.I much prefer this to Lipospheric C . I asked LiveOn if their product contained GMO's it does , they said they were working on it.

Great Product

Posted by Korutherapy on Apr 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

change to this brand after trying the more expensive lypo C. Its actually works at least the same. Will buy again.

isn't liposomal c

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is not a liposomal, liposomal c shouldn't be acid. I've made ​​it myself and it was much better than this product. This product is, in my opinion, not ultrasonically processed. So no liposomal. My stomach isn't good, if i take this one. To acid to the colon.

Doesn't upset my tummy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

this is the first vitamin C I have ever used that doesn't give me diarrhea. So I love it and I gather I am absorbing a lot more of this vit c than any other I have ever used.

Is this really Liposomal?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have used the Livon brand in the past. However I was pleased to see another brand of Liposomal Vitamin C for a cheaper price and bought quite a few of these. I also liked the fact that it is sunflower lecithin instead of soy. However the contents of the capsule were grainy and acidic, indicating that the Vitamic C was not even dissolved. This raises the doubt of whether this is even Liposomal. How can the vitamin C be encapsulated if you can taste it and feel the graininess. I contacted Dr Mercola about this and the staff gave me a stock standard response that he only makes quality products, but didn't really address my concerns. Some people report that it helps. All I can say is give it a try if you want, otherwise try another brand or make your own. (I have no experience in making my own or whether it even works well)