Great Sunscreen!

Posted by Reviewer1109722 on Jun 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is my favorite sunscreen and I have tried a bunch (thinkbaby, trukids, aubrey organics, badger, etc.). It has a great consistency and goes on smoothly. It smells great, kind of like coconut mint. It does leave you skin a lighter tone, but all natural sunscreens do. It's not as bad as others. It works. I've been in full sun for 3-4 hours and no sun burn. It's safe. It has the same exact ingredients as Tropical Sands which is rated as a 1 on the EWG website. Also, it's cheap! At least compared to other natural sunscreens which can be $3-$6 per ounce. This stuff is under $2 and ounce!

Great sunscreen

Posted by DawnMellowship on May 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a good sunscreen. It goes on easily, blends in and doesn't leave too much of a white tinge. It's touch as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide can leave that whitish tinge, but this rubs in fairly well. It also smells great and did a great job of protecting my skin from the Corfu sunshine! It's the only sunscreen I will be buying in future.

Very nice

Posted by Reviewer1381917 on Oct 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I find this sunscreen dries a couple of minutes after application with no oily or heavy residue at all. I was previously using Badger sunscreen and did not like the heavy residue it left, especially on my face.

Perfect!!

Posted by Reviewer1074442 on Jun 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I LOVE this sunscreen. I think it smells good (I love essential oil smells), and although it does go on with a whitish tint, I like it cause you can see where you've applied it. I wore it in the sun for over 4 hours on a hot day and I didn't get even the slightest bit pink. I'm pretty fair but once I tan I don't burn. I love that this has all natural ingredients, and that I'm not putting toxic chemicals on my skin. I will only wear this when I will be in the sun for a long time (1-2+ hours). It's good to get some unprotected sun exposure for vitamin D!

good sunscreen

Posted by Reviewer2652095 on Nov 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

use sparingly, it is thick, typical of natural sunscreen, but it does rub in. Used recently at a very hot three day festival and not a touch of red on me, despite having many many hours in the sun. I applied it once or twice a day and it was all good, every two hours seemed not to be necessary which I consider a plus:) nice smell, not gritty like some. it is very very oily though, that come with the natural sunscreen territory

Norway

Posted by Reviewer3209125 on Jul 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Norwegian skin did survive in Asia thanks to this product! Will buy it again. Smells nice too.

Not a fan

Posted by 5627633374775758542 on Oct 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am not even certain it works. We always end up burnt. It washes off in water so I'm not even convinced it's water resistant. It does make you look white. It is quite dry so you can't rub it in like an oily cream or lotion. I would not buy it again, or even finish my bottle unfortunately.

Safe and affordable

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Non-nano and no hazardous chemicals. One of the lighter mineral block sunscreens out there. Leaves a bit of white residue, but can be largely worked into skin. A little white on the outside is my preference to dangerous nano-particles of titanium dioxide migrating into my internal organs. I like the scent. It is refreshing and a bit tropical smelling--probably from the coconut oil. The eucalyptus oil tingles a bit and I think also helps keep bugs away without smelling like insect repellent. The consistency is smooth and well blended with no separation. Still should shake first. The expiration date is about 2-1/2 years from the date of purchase. I spent hours researching sunscreens before choosing this one. Many "natural" ones are double the price for half the amount and may still contain an undesirable ingredient or two. Yes, I am willing to pay for safety, health and effectiveness, but there is a limit! This sunscreen works well. Recently, I was out in the heat of the day on an open strawberry field for a few hours without shade. I had accidentally missed a section of my right arm with sunscreen application. That part burned and everywhere where I had successfully applied this sunscreen was not sunburned at all. I was sweating and rubbing against brush and it still worked. My only reservations are that the lecithin, glycerine, xanthan gum and Vitamin E ingredients potentially could be derived from GMO sources. However, I think I recall reading a non-GMO claim on Dr. Mercola's website for his sunscreens.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1318499 on May 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Excellent sunscreen - not sticky, quickly absorbed into the skin and skin isnt white. Smells good (not much after tea tree)

great product :)

Posted by 4994770344071055875 on Oct 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Liked this sunscreen. Nice and light, definitely not as thick as some of the zinc sunscreens on the market! Not oily and my very fair skin didn't get sunburnt.