Smell of castor is stronger than peppermint

Posted by Reviewer1441971 on May 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Bought this to try since iherb do not carry Dr Bronner anymore. Regretted getting the big bottle as it is nothing close to Dr Bronner. I smell like castor oil after my shower and resorted to adding my own peppermint essential oil to make it better. Consistency is also different, this is thicker and harder to dilute. May very well be my first and last purchase.

A staple

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Good body soap, bit too drying for the face. Lathers well and smells great

Product Spill and iHerb is no longer cool

Posted by Reviewer1470892 on Apr 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had been using this for a few years and am happy with the product. iHerb usually bags the product before placing in the shipment box. This time round it did not, and there were spills which made all other products soapy (including other for consumption) . Normally, it would be a minor problem, but I am writing this because I think iHerb is "losing it". I used to rave about iHerb a few years ago. Now, the reward scheme sucks, the prices of all the products went up substantially, the min free shipping amount has gone up, and they don't bag the liquid products. It's a shame. Am starting to google for alternatives now.

nice and refreshing

Posted by Reviewer1038626 on Jan 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I dilute this and put it in our hand soap pumps. Naturally antibacterial, works great and smells fresh and clean.

It pretty much does the job, but...

Posted by 5464314727220000725 on Apr 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

We thought this might be a cheaper alternative to Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Castile Soap, but it in no way shape or form has it proven to be a better brand. Some bottles suds up, while other bottles do not at all. We order it almost every month but it's a hit or miss type of thing.

Posted by Reviewer2047651 on Aug 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is comparable to Dr. Bronners. Like both of them. This seems to be a little thicker and not as pepperminty. Like it a lot!

Works much better than expected

Posted by Reviewer1476590 on Apr 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was concerned about that this would not suds like commercial soap/shampoo. It is not as thick for sure and I found myself using a lot of product to get good suds. Then, I purchased a pump shower soap dispenser and a shower sponge/scrunchy. This did the trick. Two squirts in sponge and had plenty of suds!! I also notice my hands don't look dry and cracked anymore. I supplemented this castile peppermint formula with some other essential oils (nettle, lavender, sage, and a little tea tree oil). It works and smells terrific. I will never go back to commercial soaps and shampoos again.

I love it

Posted by Reviewer1999153 on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Definetly potent. I use it as shampoo, and face and body wash. The mint leaves your skin and scalp feeling clean and refreshed. It pretty much stops acne.

good

Posted by Reviewer1260718 on Jun 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

i usually use dr. bronners magic soap...they were out of peppermint so i bought this instead. i really like it!

not as good as Dr Brooner's

Posted by Reviewer2052176 on Nov 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

it smells horrable, doesn't lather up as good as Dr. B's. I bought it to save a couple bucks, but it doesn't compare to Dr. B's!! What bothers me the most is the smell!