Smell of castor is stronger than peppermint

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Bought this to try since iherb do not carry Dr Bronner anymore. Regretted getting the big bottle as it is nothing close to Dr Bronner. I smell like castor oil after my shower and resorted to adding my own peppermint essential oil to make it better. Consistency is also different, this is thicker and harder to dilute. May very well be my first and last purchase.

Product Spill and iHerb is no longer cool

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had been using this for a few years and am happy with the product. iHerb usually bags the product before placing in the shipment box. This time round it did not, and there were spills which made all other products soapy (including other for consumption) . Normally, it would be a minor problem, but I am writing this because I think iHerb is "losing it". I used to rave about iHerb a few years ago. Now, the reward scheme sucks, the prices of all the products went up substantially, the min free shipping amount has gone up, and they don't bag the liquid products. It's a shame. Am starting to google for alternatives now.

A staple

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Good body soap, bit too drying for the face. Lathers well and smells great

It pretty much does the job, but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

We thought this might be a cheaper alternative to Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Castile Soap, but it in no way shape or form has it proven to be a better brand. Some bottles suds up, while other bottles do not at all. We order it almost every month but it's a hit or miss type of thing.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is comparable to Dr. Bronners. Like both of them. This seems to be a little thicker and not as pepperminty. Like it a lot!

I love it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Definetly potent. I use it as shampoo, and face and body wash. The mint leaves your skin and scalp feeling clean and refreshed. It pretty much stops acne.

not as good as Dr Brooner's

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

it smells horrable, doesn't lather up as good as Dr. B's. I bought it to save a couple bucks, but it doesn't compare to Dr. B's!! What bothers me the most is the smell!

nice and refreshing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I dilute this and put it in our hand soap pumps. Naturally antibacterial, works great and smells fresh and clean.

Still deciding... but I'm reordering!

Posted by aunatural on Jun 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this to use as a good value, nicely scented hand wash. I'd never used castile soap before, so the texture took a while to get used to (I'm still not sure if i am!). The way the water glided off my hands when I rinsed made me think the stuff wasn't rinsing off. But when I used it to clean my make-up brushes, I could see that it was rinsing away the make-up far better than any soaps I had used previously. I guess that's how it won me over, so I am buying it again but I'm also purchasing a couple of other bulk liquid soaps around a similar price to compare. I haven't used it on face or body and am not really tempted to, but the peppermint scent is wonderful on the hands and many of our guests (both male and female) have commented that they like it. I do love that is smells and feels natural, not like detergent with added perfume. I'd give it more stars if it wasn't for that strange, oily feeling I get when I'm rinsing. But don't get me wrong, it doesn't leave your hands feeling oily or sticky, it's probably just a different sensation when rinsing with water because the soap is oil-based and not water-based. I recommend trying it!

Prices keep fluctuating

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Prices seem to keep fluctuating. Useful product that smells good.