Lovely, moisturizing, exfoliating soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This bar soap felt great on my skin. This was the first time I bought it and will not be getting it again. After using a few days, I gave it to my husband. I am giving it only three stars because, while the ingredients on this website did not list palm oil, the box the soap came in did. If the box does not outright state what the palm oil source is, I must assume that it comes from the rainforests of Indonesia or Malaysia, which I try to avoid because of the destruction that palm oil plantations are doing to the rainforests, which are so critical to the survival of endangered species and indigenous peoples. Thousands of acres of Indonesian and Malaysian rainforests have been slashed and burned to create enormous palm oil plantations. I have been in Borneo when the air was so thick with smoke from these fires that people, including myself, needed to wear face masks just to walk down the street, even though the fires were hundreds of miles away. The fires can go on for months. The rainforests are the lungs of the earth. I would rather use products that do not contribute to their loss. I will continue to use Dr. Woods Liquid soaps made of sustainable shea butter and black soap; they are great values. I hope the Dr. Woods company will state their palm oil source on the packaging of their bar soaps in the future, and if they are not using sustainable palm oil, they should switch to a more sustainable oil source. For moisturizing bar soap, I'll stick with olive oil soap from Kiss My Face or Kirk's Coco Castile Bar Soap. For more about palm oil and rainforest destruction: http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/ http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/08/15/slash-and-burn-practices-lead-forest-fires-s-sumatra.html

Dr. Woods, Shea Butter Soap, Raw Black, 5.25 oz (149 g)

Posted by ReputableReviewer on Apr 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Perfection! So worth its price! Lathers so good, such a nice smell! After it skin is so waxy and spoiled! Try it, you will like it!

Incredible!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This soap is delightful. It leaves my skin so soft, feels so smooth, and the aroma is subtle yet alluring. I just love it!

it is not black! Оно не черное!

Posted by Dizakratriks on Aug 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Достаточно большой кусок мыла, молочно-сероватого цвета, с приятным чуть молочным запахом. Совершенно не напоминает мыло от Nubian Heritage. Large enough piece of soap, milk-gray color with a pleasant smell a little milk. It is not like the soap from Nubian Heritage.

Wonderfully exfoliating without drying out your skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Not only is this soap 100% natural, but it smells great, doesn't dry out your skin; it's not waxy, and there are little bits of herb (maybe?) that kind of act as an exfoliant as you run it over your skin. I just love this soap and have purchased it over and over again.

genial

Posted by laurapeco on Feb 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Me encanta esta pastilla. tiene unos gránulos exfoliantes pequeños (que no sé lo que son, parecen como astillas o trocitos de madera o cascara de algo) La pastilla es muy grande y bastante barata. la utilizo para limpiarme la cara por la mañana y me encanta, es muy ligero y los gránulos exfoliantes son muy suaves. no engrasa nada ni tampoco deja la piel seca y tirante. Repetiré seguro.

5+++++

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

5+++++

NORMAL

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Limpia bien pero como cualquier jabón. NO me irrita pero me deja sensación de tirantez en la piel.

Received product in good condition

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Received product in good condition

Love

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love this soap! Couldn't find it at any local retailer. Glad I found it at iherb!

1 2 3