Caused me so much blackheads and it smells terrible!

Posted by honestreviews1 on Sep 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Title says it all. I used it as facial wash - lots of blackheads on my nose and forehead afterwards. Used it on my body - lots of blackheads on my back. I used this for sometime, thinking that my skin is just getting used to this, but after two months, it's still the same. So not for me.

Eileen Wilson

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent moisturizing soap. Best I've ever tried. No skin residue. Non-irritating even for the ederly.

Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap, With Organic Shea Butter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This soap is very versatile and gentle but I was expecting a great scent and a thicker consistency (from other posts). Instead it is much the same as other liquid castile soap I have used.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use it not only for bathing but for shaving as well. Works really well as a shaving cream. Typically I don't even have to use aftershave as there are no razor burns.

Great for body, horrible for face

Posted by itsbatman on Jul 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is hands down the best body wash I have ever used. I use it with EcoTools Recycled Bath & Shower Gloves, and my skin has never felt better. So soft and smooth. You can really feel the shea butter. As a face wash on the other hand. Worst soap I have ever used. It felt great the first two days. Really great. Like.. "this might be it" great. Face was silky smooth. Until i realized what it really did was add a microfilm of what I think is the shea butter on my entire face, which made my pores clog up like never before, and I got these painful red spots all over both my chins (where I usually never get any outbreaks). 10/10 will buy again as a body wash, but will keep it as far away from my face as I possibly can.

Love it!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I stumbled across this product on the website and thought I would give it a try. I love it!!! I have been trying to eliminate many of my chemical-laden body products so this was perfect. I use it as a facial cleanser, body wash and shampoo and I have no complaints about its effectiveness in any of those categories. I will be ordering more.

evaluation of Dr. Woods Black Soap with Shea Butter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

i have used dr. bronner's (bar & liquid soaps), the whole foods generic brand (liquid only), kiss my face (bars only), and dr. woods soaps. my skin type is on the dry side. i am sensitive to fragrances and oils in soaps. this evaluation is based on personal preference through experience. i find dr. woods to be the most gentle of the soaps i have used and dr. bronner's to be the harshest. although all these soaps have rich oil bases and are all-natural, dr. woods happens to be the one i prefer. i feel clean when i scrub with it and when i rinse it off, my skin feels smooth. in comparison, other liquid soaps leave my skin feeling as if it has been dried and that there is still soap residue left. i considered it as an effect of the shea butter but i have also used the almond soap w/out shea butter with same effect. i use this soap instead of body washes because although body washes can be good for moisturizing, they do not leave me with a satisfactory clean feeling. the black soap did improve complexion. i do not have an acne problem but do occasionally get irritations on my skin due to dryness. the black soap takes care of these irritations effectively. it soothes and clears them away quickly. whatever oils that are in this soap agree with my skin. this is something i appreciate since i have a mild allergic reaction to most fragrances and oils in cleaning products. since this soap is gentle on my skin as well as an effective cleanser, i will continue to buy this and use it for the rest of my life unless the formula is changed. i would recommend this soap if someone were looking for a good soap to buy. it is better than dr. bronner's. in fact, i feel that this is the best soap we have out there on the market today that is actual soap.

Smells like a sleazy dude

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Purchased this based on all the glowing reviews and was looking forward to trying it. UGH! The scent, or I should say odor, was a complete turn off - an overpowering, cheap, spicy men's cologne that you often smell on gold-chain-wearing men with their shirts unbuttoned down to there.

Waste of $

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It's a "fake" black soap; very drying, leaves scum all over shower tile/glass, doesn't smell fresh. Try another brand like Nubian Heritage.

Will not buy it again.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Too liquid and the smell is strong and bad. Does not lather well.