Moldy

Posted by Reviewer1006509 on Apr 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Product had mold growing on congealed fat. iHerb said a "brand new" one should ship out "today", then four days later it was "next week", then the next week it was "next week" again, and now the item is "still out of stock, we will ship it out once the item comes back in stock", although it is listed as "in stock" on the website. They will not replace with another product unless I place a new order & pay shipping.

Dr. B meet Dr. Woods!

Posted by scarletbegonia on Jul 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This soap is by far the best I've ever used. I am still a lover of Dr. B, but the quaility of castile in this soap is great the smell of lavender is great and the Shea you can't forget the shea...just a touch for soft skin...great to use in the bathtub with some epsom salt for a relaxing bath.

Ok I guess

Posted by Reviewer2683516 on Jul 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use this as a multi-purpose soap. It takes a lot to wash my thick curly hair. I used Dr. Bronners before and found that Dr. Bronner's has a better lather. I don't plan on buying Dr. Woods again.

Seafood

Posted by Reviewer2937166 on Aug 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It might just be me, but the scent of this soap is reminiscent of boiled shrimp. I didn't smell any lavender at all. Thankfully, the smell doesn't linger on the skin, but it does linger in the air making for an unpleasant bathing experience. I was able to put up with the Tea Tree soap after a few uses, but I can't imagine using this one for too long. This soap is the last soap I'll ever buy from Dr. Woods.

Not quite what I expected

Posted by Reviewer3359997 on May 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was expecting a more silky feel to my skin after using this product due to the shea butter, but that was not the case.

I like this natural soap!

Posted by Reviewer1820561 on Aug 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I really like this soap. I have been looking for a reasonably priced natural soap without DMDM hydantoin or other carcinogens, parabens, or SLS and have decided this is the one. And with iHerb's price-matching policy for overall best price online, I order this from iHerb along with many other products I use regularly. Thanks, iHerb!

Decent but not as good as Bronners

Posted by Reviewer2511279 on Aug 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have Used Dr. Bronner's soap for years. I use the soap to make my own shampoo and facial wash. I tried Dr. Woods because it was cheaper. Well, you get what you pay for. When used in shampoo, the soap does not lather as well as Bronners and it feels drier. The soap does not spread easily throughout my hair. On the plus side, Woods soap has a wonderful lavender scent and it works fine when used to make facial wash. I will use what I have left for facial wash, and I will go back to Bronners for my shampoo.

Dr Woods Soothing Lavender Castile Soap Pooh!!!

Posted by Reviewer2621092 on Sep 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This stuff Stinks. Its not just me but everyone who uses it. It claims to be essential oils. I will add my own lavender I hope this helps. Everything I have ever ordered from I herb has been great. This was very disappointing. Get Dr Bronners its a little more expensive, but it smells great. Dr Woods POOH!!!!

Absolutely disgusting artificial smell - definitely not true to label

Posted by 4698964627832640968 on Jan 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The soap itself is fairly good, almost as good as Dr Bronner's. But the smell is HORRENDOUS!!!! It smells like chemical disinfectant with artificial 'lavender' fragrance. I am trained in aromatherapy, and there is no way the ingredients are true to label (the label says Lavender essential oil). I tried adding large quantities of my own essential oils but none succeeded in improving the smell! I literally could NOT WAIT for this bottle to be finished, and feel I must apologise to those who use it. AWFUL.

Drying Soap!

Posted by 5379214813686664129 on Jun 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

As someone with a chronically dry skin, I was hoping that this paraben- and SLS-free soap would be kind to my skin and moisturise it. It didn't. My skin got so dry that I broke out in rashes while showering in cold water. Dr Woods, please re-look at your ingredients!