Overwhelming fragrance!

Posted by Reviewer3106204 on May 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

After reading all the good reviews for Ecco Bella Vanilla Herbal Body Lotion, I felt confident I would like this lotion. How wrong I was. It is sickeningly sweet and even the smallest amount leaves a strong sweet lingering scent for hours. Even washing it off didn't rid me of the scent completely. My friend said it smelled like cheap perfume. I would have to agree. This is a complete waste of $17.06 and will have to be thrown away. If you like a subtle, soft or fresh scent this is not for you. If you like a very strong sweet scent that last even after soap and water, this is the fragrance for you.

Major wow factor here

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Jan 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Definitely the best smelling lotion I've ever found. A true vanilla scent. Better yet, a brown sugar vanilla. Believe me, it's no discreet scent, but neither is it too strong. Very beautiful scent for beautiful women like you. It also has a nice non-greasy feel to it. 100% recommended! Update: I am a cashier at a huge grocery store, and I am simply getting compliment after compliment. "Something smells so good." I hear this all the time now. I've honestly never received so many compliments on a scent before in my entire life! It's kind of fun :)

The best smell EVER!

Posted by KaliMama on Feb 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have terribly dry skin and the worst part is that I have never been any good at committing myself to applying lotion regularly. Now I actually do and my skin is happier than ever, simply because this smells so incredible that I WANT to apply it - every day! The other reviewers are right, this is not a subtle scent. Each to his own, but that is precisely what I love about it. I have received so many compliments since I started to use it and it goes great with any perfume. I don't find this too sweet, it's quite balanced in my opinion and contrary to many other "vanilla-scented" products, this actually does smell vanilla! Only drawback is this bottle does not last very long and the price is steep for the amount you get. That is not stopping me from ordering my 2nd bottle, but I would love the option of a bigger bottle from Ecco Bella in the future. And it would be awsome if IHerb could carry the lemon verbena scented lotion too - I'd love to try it. Update: I am so, so happy they reformulated this and removed the vit A (retinol)!! Retinol is not a safe ingredient and has nothing to do in a body lotion imo. Yes, it has a good effect on aging skin and wrinkles, but it has some quite alarming side effects and the ingredients score on ewg is 9.

Best body lotion

Posted by Reviewer1374547 on Dec 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Best body lotion ever. The wonderful smell lasts all day!

great prices

Posted by Reviewer1778005 on Aug 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

thanks for keeping your prices down, I love this lotion, but always expensive at the health food stores.. Glad I found your web site

Sweet smelling

Posted by Reviewer2530638 on Apr 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Sweet smelling vanilla, gets stronger through out the day.

ecco bella vanilla body lotion

Posted by Reviewer2779153 on Mar 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Beautiful scent, ultra luxurious hydration, and lady's all day!

I love this!

Posted by Reviewer3162171 on May 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This one really smells like vanilla, quite strong scent too. But I love it, and it works very well too. Heavy lotion, a little hard to get out of the bottle if I keep it in a cool place, But that's not a problem for me, I love love love this lotion!

This lotion is really good, but..

Posted by girlgonevegan on Feb 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The lotion smells pretty good and moisturizes great. The only thing I don't like is the texture. The oil accumulates in the bottom of the bottle and you have to shake well so the oil and the cream can emulsify.

wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer2509088 on Dec 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

this stuff smells delicious, and works very, very well. -1 star because it DOES have parabens. other than that, it's fabulous.