Best toothpowder ever! SLS?

Posted by PurplePegasus on Aug 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this one! Great anise taste; I use it about 7 times a day! My teeth look very clean. I have horrendous tooth pain from probably cavities and brushing with this doesn't hurt at all. My teeth feel really clean. The pain has subsided. My only concern is does this one contain SLS? All the other flavors list SLS except this one. My email to the company bounced. Did Eco-Dent forget to list SLS? This foams quite a bit with only a tiny bit of powder. A google search indicates that even "coconut derived" SLS is toxic. (All SLS is "coconut derived" with chemicals added.) I hope Eco-Dent will respond to this. Note: anise does NOT taste like licorice! Anise is light & sweet & very pleasant (& is sometimes used to flavor licorice).

Contains suspected ingredient

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Excellent taste but unfortunately contains Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate that is a Nitrosating Agent, the chemical can cause nitrosamine contaminations, which have been determined to form cancer in laboratory animals. That's why only 1 star from me.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Regular toothpastes contain glycerin which traps acids on the teeth (particularly if you are consiencious and always brush after meals). This does not contain glycerin and does a very good job of cleaning teeth and mouth. If more people knew about the problems with glycerin, more people would be using this and regular toothpaste would go out of fashion.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have just started using this & I love the taste, it foams slightly & leaves your teeth feeling really clean. I had been looking for a paste/powder without glycerine for some time. I put a little powder in my hand, wet my toothbrush and just scoop it up with that, otherwise its hard to get the right amount on your brush. I think this will last ages as you only use a tiny amount.

Great Product - and iHerb has a good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Extremely concentrated tooth powder. Tastes good and leaves your teeth and gums feeling clean. You get a couple of hundred uses out of this little 2oz. bottle. I keep one at work and a couple at home. Great stuff.

j'adore

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Un super produits pour les dents ! Le coté effervescent est agréablement surprenant !!!

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really like this. It foams nicely and makes my teeth feel very clean. When I first saw the bottle, I worried it wouldn't last long. But after using it, I think it will actually last a long time. I sprinkle a dime or nickel amount into my palm, then wet the toothbrush, pick up the powder and start brushing. This produces a good amount of foam, if not I add a bit more. Flavor is interesting, a combo of baking soda, sea salt and Anise (mild licorice).

The best toothpowder, great flavor for using with homeopathics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've used Eco-Dent for many years and my dentist always comments on how healthy my gums and teeth are (of course, I dental floss every day too, and never drink fluoridated water!). The flavor is nice and good if you're taking homeopathics (a strong mint flavor can supposedly antidote some remedies).

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

tastes good. although may be a little harsh of teeth & gum for some. so i don't use it every day.

Anise Eco-Dent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This smells great, but tastes terrible. I was disappointed in the flavor.