Yummy!

Posted by Reviewer2913010 on Sep 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great not only for oriental food, but alone for salads, any rice or side dish; beware though is salty, but not unpleasantly so

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2669042 on Apr 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use this ume boshi with olive oil for salad dressing. Along with other efforts, this has helped neutralize my pH. I looked all over for this vinegar.

This stuff is divine!

Posted by Reviewer3021202 on May 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Okay, I know it seems a bit much to go gaga over vinegar, but this stuff is the vinegar world's ambrosia. I got addicted to it after purchasing a bottle at Whole Foods, then became distraught when I couldn't find it there anymore. I bought a dozen bottles at iHerb.com, so I should be set for awhile. The best salad dressing I've found is some of this vinegar mixed with Nayonnaise. Vegan heaven on veggies!

I use this all the time

Posted by Reviewer1830171 on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like sprinkling this on a salad before I add the other dressings, usually fresh lemon juice, sweetened rice vinegar, sesame seed oil mixed with rice bran oil (to cut cholesterol), and olive oil (also mixed with rice bran oil). Ume plum vinegar is very salty stuff, so a little goes a long way.

Super good

Posted by Queenbee on Dec 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This vinegar goes well with every dish that at I eat. Chop some garlic and chillie. Add the vinegar and some hemp oil. So good - I really enjoy every meal. I love shopping at iHerb. Have re-ordered

TOO SALTY

Posted by satokoban on May 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I LIKE SALTY FOOD, BUT EVEN FOR ME IT'S TOO SALTY. SO I DECIDED PUT THIS TO MY VEGGIE AND MADE PICKLES, AND IT WAS QUITE GOOD. ALSO I USE THIS ON MY CHINESE DIM-SUM KINDA FOOD AND IT WAS ALSO GOOD. YOU JUST HAVE TO THINK ABOUT HOW TO USE IT SINCE IT IS MORE LIKE NON-OIL DRESSING.

Good salt subsitute

Posted by Reviewer2979019 on Oct 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Being the curious type, I ordered this vinegar to try since I had just learned about the wonderful health benefits of Ume Plum. It is high in sodium but if used as a salt substitute it gives the food a subtle but nice flavor. I keep it handy for general seasoning or to sprinkle on salads.

Love the taste of this!

Posted by 5338191434476996317 on Nov 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use it for my salads, cold tofu and I even make a refreshing drink with this (mixed with honey). Lovely taste! I just wonder why it has been discontinued.

Favorite!

Posted by Reviewer1933528 on Jun 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I alway keep coming back for this, love it! It's a mix of salt, tangy and even a bit sweet flavor. I use it for pretty much anything, salads, soups, sauces, dips. A favorite I have been doing lately is rye bread with mashed avocado, some slices of red onion, plain sesame seeds and then some drops of Ume Plum Vinegar on top.

outasight flavor!

Posted by 4930885926135087531 on Aug 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Tastes great with avocado. So yummy!