Excellent product, not finely grinded

Posted by Ozbeach on May 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am happy with this product. For now, I Prefer to buy Xylitol made from Birch trees instead of corncobs (unless country of origin and non GMO stated) even though it is probably more sustainable to buy made from corncobs. I like that it is made in USA (no dodgy origin). The only negative point (hence the 3 stars) is that it is not very fine (1-2 mm) but given the savings I make (even with the postage fees to Australia, it is 1/2 price from local shops), I will keep ordering it. Thumbs up for I-Herb fast and efficient service.

Thank heavens for birch bark xylitol!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just got this and love it. We previously received another xylitol and did not realise that it was corn-based. My two younger children reacted really badly. Now that we are back to the original birch bark xylitol were feeling so much better!

TASTES JUST LIKE SUGAR

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is SO good! I needed to cut out sugar from my diet as much as possible due to digestive problems (gastritis, terrible gas, bowel pains). I never thought of a yeast build-up in the intestines. I have been using this in coffee & tea...it tastes & acts just like sugar!! What a blessing!!! TRY IT!!!

Posted by HealthMinded71 on Jun 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just received, it has a different name on my bag though, XYLA. Seems Emerald Forest changed the name of it, but no big deal! LOVE that this is made from birch hardwood instead of corn fibers! Especially since I am allergic to corn products. The crystals are big, not fine. Kind of like colored sugar for cake or cookie decorations, but no big deal at all to me! Just wanted to share for those who prefer a finer sugar, but hey if that is a big deal, you can always use a coffe grinder or blender to make it more fine or powdery. NO aftertaste whatsoever and is very clean tasting, pure crystal sugar. I used it on oatmeal this morning and you'd never know cane sugar wasn't in it. Plan on making some limeade with it later today. :) Beware of other companies...........Emerald Forest is USA GMO free xylitol from birch NOT corn. Also alot of other companies charge less because it's produced in china.....therefore labor is cheaper, so product is cheaper. AMERICAN made for me and my family and love that it's BIRCH! Now, to see if it helps with our sinus probs and asthma. :) P.S. It IS safe for diabetics to use and is LOW on glycemic index scale AND is safe for candida sufferers also! It helps eliminate all kinds of nasties from our systems! Birch is far superior to corn xylitol!

Emerald Forest Xylitol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great product! Our dentist said it kills bacteria and fungus in the body so that's an added benefit.

The Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Best tasting xylitol I've ever had. Birch source seems to make the difference.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This has changed my life after i gave up wite sugar. I Use it in all my baking and cooking. No one asks questions about it.

Results not as good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This type of xylitol caused a little intestinal distress for me personally. I usually use the Now Foods brand without any problems and had read that this brand was better. I've gone back to using Now Foods xylitol.

Great xylitol!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. Pure 100% xylitol, and according to the manufacturer it's strictly from tree sources and not GMO corn. It tastes and looks almost identical to white sugar, although it has a slight "cooling" effect/flavor, which I enjoy. Supposedly xylitol is great for dental health as well, which is another reason why I like this stuff.

Beware

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I tried this product over a period of a couple of months. I thought I was ingesting a pure natural product. Do the research as to how this product is manufactured. I stopped using it in tea, coffee and porridge as it ripped my insides. It left me feeling ill, drained of all energy. This stuff ought to come with a serious health warning. Will stick to honey for my porridge and drink tea and coffee without any toxins.