orange peel extract replaced my Rx of Prilosec

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has worked twice in the past for me. This third time, which I usually buy a pack of this stuff once a year, my heartburn disappeared after about a week. There are 10 softgels in the pack, and the only downside is that when I burp on the days I take it (recommended every other day), I can taste the orange peel. I have been off Rx med Prilosec for 3 years now.

It Really Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've suffered with GERD for years and while Nexium gave relief it also gave me a lot of bathroom time if you know what I mean. I came across this product one day and to my surprise it truly works as advertised. I received complete relief for months after I stopped taking this and only take occasionally now when symptoms arise.

Stops GERD symptoms

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

D-Limonene seems to make burning stomach-esophageal problems worse for a minute. Then, the problem disappears. Excellent

Very good when used consistently

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Didn't do very well when I just took one (it was a 50/50 shot at whether it would quell the heartburn), but when taken consistently--every other day, as indicated, or even every day--it makes a difference.

Partial "cure" for heartburn.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

For more than a year I have suffered from heartburn,acid reflux,and despite trying many varied solutions both herbal and over the counter drugs Enzymatic therapy,heartburn free softgel capsules are to date the only product that has given me any relief,and surprisingly almost just as is claimed by the maker after taking the softgels I was free of heartburn for approx 6 to 7 months then you have to take the softgels again for further relief,I did find however that unlike stated I had to take the gels every day [ x 2 packs]not every other day for them to be effective,but if you are a heartburn sufferer then this product gives an inexpensive temporary relief from a painful condition that can be both life affecting and also develop into a more serious problem if left to go untreated.

A Superior Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product for a few years now and have recommended to many friends and acquaintances. Heartburn Free, as I and others can attest, works better than conventional acid inhibitors. In addition, not only is it free of the serious side effects associated with proton pump inhibitors, because of its active ingredient (orange peel extract), it is positively good for you.

Best Acid/Heartburn medication

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've tried several prescription drugs (Nexium, etc.), and just got worse. Discovered 'Heartburn Free', and feel great. With some simple diet changes, and patience, I rarely even rely on these. Anyway, great natural medication...WAY more effective than the prescription junk. As soon as you start burping oranges instead of acid, you know its working!

The absolute best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have tried every over the counter and prescription product that deals with heartburn and acid reflux for years. I had some temporary, but unsustainable relief with a few products. I tried 'Heartburn Free' after a friend convinced me that not only would it work, but that it was nutritionally beneficial, unlike the chemical brew that I had been ingesting. It does work. In fact it works so well, that I have not needed nor taken it for months. It also has alleviated the clawing fear of the consequences of long term acid reflux on the stomach lining. J.Lennon Philadelphia Pa

Increased my problems

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Within a few minutes of taking this, my acid reflux and heartburn problems increase considerably. I just can't tolerate taking them.

Didn't agree with me at all

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was really hoping after reading the reviews that this would be the miracle cure for my GERD symptoms, but it definitely wasn't. I managed 2 of the 10 doses and had to stop- it gave me a really intense burning feeling in the pit of my stomach that took about a week to fully go away. I don't have ulcers (have had a scope and H. pylori test) so I know it wouldn't have happened for that reason. I would advise people to be cautious with this product. If you look up information on d-limonene, it's also used as a cleaning solvent and the chemical safety sheet says it can cause nausea and stomach burns. Not a lot of fun.