Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is definitely one of the better digestive enzymes. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a low strength digestive blend.. It also contains a few specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest the more common food. The caps are vegetarian, very small and easy to swallow. This product also contains multiple strains of protease, lipase, cellulase and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I find the dosage is more suitable for a light meal or quick snack. For heavier meal, you probably want to be taking a medium-high strength digestive blend As for price, this product is quite expensive. The company Enzymedica is the best enzymes producer. The products are very trustworthy and are of high quality but it’s also much more expensive. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. You can try Now Foods or Doctor’s Best brand if you want cheaper but high strength and quality enzymes products. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great lower potency digestive enzymes

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am very glad that Enzymedica developed this product! This is a great lower potency digestive enzyme product for sensitive or perhaps younger individuals. Same great quality as Digest or Digest Gold only lower potency. Thanks for carrying this product Iherb!

So thankful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This enzyme product has helped my digestion amazingly. Had problems with IBS. Very pleased and now on my 2nd bottle.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is an awesome product, I often exp bloating and digestion pain after eating rich foods but when I take this I don't!

Among the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Super effective. Aids in digestion and absorption of nutrients from meals and supplements. Our family notices negative impacts whenever we run out.

These have changed my LIFE!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

For years I've stuggled with digestive and bowel problems and these have changed my life! They assist with my digestion and bowels and I have more energy and feel better. I'm carrying them in my purse and take them with every meal along with my probiotics! So grateful to have had such an astounding breakthrough...

These enzymes are excellent!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

They are effective as well as inexpensive. They also don't contain the extras that most supplements have to package the contents into gel caps. I really appreciate a clean product. Janis Ihrig

Works well.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product, digestion much improved since taking these.

Very mild

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Don't help a lot after a heavy meal. I prefered "Nature's Answer, Daily Digestive Enzyme" which helped me a lot, in a matter of minutes.

This one is good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We use this after every meal. It seems to work ok. If I eat too much, I take two, but one seems to be adequate most of the time. You can open the capsule and pour the contents onto the food, like cereal, and mix it in. It has no taste effect on the food.