Test Your Zinc Level

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Used this to do a zinc taste test and it worked great! iHerb was out of stock on Thorne Research brand when I ordered, which is cheaper. I also purchased Now Foods Zinc Picolinate to correct my zinc level. It is VERY important to test your zinc level and you can do it at home for less. Our ability to absorb zinc declines with age and a deficiency can lead to numerous health conditions. Digestive disorders and certain medications (diuretics, blood pressure, acid suppressing, oral contraceptives, non-bioidentical hormone replacement) deplete zinc. Vegetarians and vegans especially need to monitor levels. Besides strengthening the immune system, zinc is instrumental in healing wounds, stabilizing blood glucose, neurological function, sense of taste and smell, normal growth during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence; protects against macular degeneration, helps boost libido, effectively treats acne, eczema, and eating disorders.

Fascinating stuff

Posted by Krisinsight on Apr 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have started taking zinc thanks to Zinc Status. When I first used it I tasted nothing, so I will take zinc for a few weeks and try it again. One interesting note is Krispin Sullivan recommends this product but not as a supplement only as a way to test for zinc deficiency.

Great way to test your zinc

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My family has been using this to test our zinc for a couple years. It works great and has been a big help in getting my zinc levels up. This product was recommended by the nutritionist we work with.

Affordable zinc test

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Use a swish of this to determine your body's zinc level at a fraction of the cost of a doctor's visit. Great price.

Good for Zinc taste test

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Jan 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good for Zinc taste test, the product worked well and is a good small size. Enough for several tests.

Surprisingly, this works!

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

At first, I wasn't sure this worked because everyone I gave it to said it tasted like water, then a few weeks after taking zinc, it still tasted like water. So I came to the conclusion it was probably just a gimmick to get people to pay a lot of money for a little bottle of plain water. But after about 6 months of taking supplemental zinc every day, this stuff does have a nasty taste. So I guess it takes a while to build your zinc levels up if you are deficient and its probably true that most people are deficient.

ZInc status

Posted by Biochemist on Feb 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking 30 mg of Zinc for more then a month and still no taste of this liquid. How defficient am I?!