So Long, SHINGLES!!!

Posted by gailseals on Nov 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm a RN practicing in SC, and recently developed shingles. I spoke to a co-worker of mine, also an RN, who had developed post-herpetic neuralgia after a shingles outbreak, and she experienced profound pain lasting several months. This complication occurred even though she had taken antivirals prescribed by her medical doctor, and started them immediately after the rash appeared. I also spoke to a nurse who gave me the recommended medical protocol for shingles, which again used antivirals, which had to be started within 24 hours from the time the rash appeared. The antivirals were very expensive, and had a number of undesirable side effects. I then went to the internet and did some research. I also spoke to a friend of mine who practices naturopathic medicine. That is where I heard about this product. I was told to take one tsp of the concentrate undiluted every hour for 24 to 48 hours, then to reduce it to 2 Tbsp diluted in 8oz of pure water every six hours. I was also told to take 1,000 mg of L-Lysine every 6 hours until the rash dried up. It was important to start the treatment within 24 hours of breaking out in a rash. I ordered this product, then went to our local Natural Food Store and purchased enough of another similar product to last me until this arrived. Each bottle from my local food store had only 4 oz, and were overpriced at 20.00 per bottle. I used them until Dr. Dunners Sambu arrived two days later. Naturally, I had a lot of pain, and many blisters. I also ordered a wonderful product not carried here from another site for local pain relief. It too was amazing, and made the pain much more bearable. Within one week, my rash was completely healed, and my pain completely gone. I was told by my naturopathic MD friend to continue the Dr. Dunner's Sambu product, 2 TBSP in 8 oz of water every six hours for one more week to avoid developing the post herpetic neuralgia. My NP friend also said to reduce the L-Lysine to 500 mg per day and to take it for one more week then stop. I have NEVER seen anyone get over shingles this quickly, even though I have been a nurse working in a hospital for 30 years.

Way too much!

Posted by Reviewer2989250 on Sep 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like this product but they say it is only good after being open for 3 weeks. What a waste! It is an enormous amount for something to be used in that small time frame. If I get it again I will try to find a much smaller bottle.

Wild grown elderberry concentrate

Posted by Reviewer1270743 on Jan 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The Dr. Dunner Wild Grown Elderberry Concentrate is an excellent product from Switzerland where elderberries are native like in the rest of central Europe. I use this product for cold and flu prevention and also to fight against allergies. It works for me as well as an antihistamine and it has other health benefits. I like it that it is preserved with honey, another natural product. If I cannot get pure elderberry juice, I consider this product the best and healthiest alternative.

Elderberry Concentrate

Posted by Reviewer2341969 on Jul 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I found I got instant results with my ongoing sinus problem while taking this product. I am trying to source something similar within Australia to try to lessen my carbon footprint but if I can't I will continue to use this one.

An Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1769849 on Nov 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used this for years to shorten the length of colds and it can be used to prevent them and strengthen your immune system. It is a thick syrup because of the honey in it. I take it straight from a spoon but it can be mixed with OJ.

recommended

Posted by Reviewer1273327 on Dec 12, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I take this product as a warm drink when I go on the 5 day program.and during the winter months to ward off colds. great stuff!

It helps me

Posted by Reviewer1155116 on Jan 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I take about 1 tsp or 1 TBsp full strength - I don't dilute it. It gives me energy.

At the first titch of a cold

Posted by Reviewer2537873 on Oct 27, 2006 | Verified Purchase

Wow! When we get the beginnings of a sore throat, the "oh no, I'm in for a cold", you start taking this ... at the very least, your cold will be minor and short.

Virus killer!

Posted by 5319336147212359630 on May 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. It's the only thing that knocks viruses on the head. I give it to my kids when flu season starts around the beginning of winter. Basically, when I don't give it to them, they get sick. When I do, they get better and don't get sick again unless I forget to give it to them. There are other elderberry syrups on the market, things like Sambucol, which is okay but not as concentrated and doesn't work as well. It also gets used up quickly. This stuff is a must have for any family to prevent and treat winter bugs!

Hoping it will help with my dads shingles

Posted by Reviewer2213579 on Apr 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I take this during the flu season regularly. So far so good for that. I recently started purchasing it for my dad when he got a horrible case of the shingles across his ribs and around to his back. Never seen any thing like it before. To date he is doing a lot better. He says he is starting to feel good again. Along with the elderberry I've also purchased L-Lysine and sublingual B-12 for his nerve ending pain. He is taking a combination of the three in high doses and it is helping.

1 2