#1 supplement on my sons list

Posted by Lisa-Mum-of-3-Australia on Feb 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I used to give my son the liquid form, which he didn't like the taste of. I didn't realise these came in capsules but I am glad I found them because he swallows capsules easily. My son is not autistic or ADHD. He's always been speech delayed, was born 6 weeks premmie and has seemed little 'behind' in some ways (maturity and sometimes intelligence though it would actually vary a lot). Sometimes he can act really silly, moody, compulsive, a variety of things, plus his abilities in speech and intelligence would vary. I figured it had to vary with his diet because how else could it go up and down so much. When he's at his best he's fantastic and a complete joy. At his worst I really worry and freak out about what's happening to my boy. It sounds horrible but when he's acting 'silly' he can actually seem to be acting mentally retarded, it was really strange. Blood tests showed he needed support for his thyroid (kelp supplement, and brazil nuts for selenium), he also had low iron so needs daily iron. His stool tests showed NO good bacteria and high dysbiosis (scary!) and his stools were really yellow, floating, often fluffy or diarrhoea. Although he's not autistic or ADHD I feel like these diseases are caused by environmental factors and that these same factors bring out his symptoms. He doesn't eat wheat or dairy anymore, I limit processed foods really strictly, and he doesn't eat a lot of fruits because some seem to affect him (still investigating salicylates/amines, and the FODMAP diet). We didn't evolve eating a lot of fruit, and the fruit we did eat had waaaay less sugar than the modern selectively bred varieties anyway. He eats lots of veggies lunch and dinner though. Daily he gets krill oil (great antioxidant) and fish oil, 1 DMG 125mg capsule, three of these behaviour balance caps, vitamin C at least 500mg, a multivitamin, kelp, a brazil nut every second day, a calcium/phosphorus/magnesium/D3 supplement daily (because of no dairy), and a b complex every second day. For his gut he gets Seacure, probiotics, pepzinGI and L-Glutamine. End of last year I used a wormwood/blackwalnut complex drops and a few other things to do a parasite/bad bacteria cleanse. A year ago almost every stool looked to horrible and unhealthy, now all his stools look healthy, and by sticking to his diet and supplements he can stay at his best. You notice it in his moods, pupils stay a normal size, speech ability is much greater, and behaviour is great. He recently stayed at my parents for 5 days and when we got him back we were amazed at how poor his behaviour was. They had been giving him 3 big spoons of ice cream every night (at least, that's the only thing I actually found out about, it's hard for grandparents not to do this though..) and I'm not sure whether they managed to get all his supplements into him or what other things he was eating. It took a few days to get him 'back'. This supplement is at the top of the list because all the ingredients and the amounts they're in are great and make it so easy. I have spent many hours reading on what supplements would help autistic and ADHD kids and the supplements in this formula are all really important. At one stage he was getting only this supplement, and it was noticeable when we ran out. Great all round supplement and so glad they make it.

Highly recommended for children with an autism spectrum disorder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am extremely satisfied with this product. I have been giving it to my eight year old son since he was five years old. His eye contact improved immediately.

DMG behavior

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My 7-years old son has improved his speech and for me most important, he is after using much more calm, less attacks, hystery, definitely better behavior. Really very good product especially for autistic diagnosis. Of course, it is not a miracle, my son is not healthy now, but everything, what helps, is great for us and DMG behavior balance really helps.

Great for people with Autism

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have a child with Autism. This product is awesome. It helps him control his behaviors so he can be in a normal classroom with the rest of his class. I have run out before and can definitly tell when he doesn't have this product.

seem to be working...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been giving these to both my kids, one with Aspergers & one without, for a few weeks now, & I don't know for sure if it's because of this product but they're playing together better than they ever have before!

Behavior Balance DMG

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Not for a kid that can't swallow the capsule whole. Way too hard to cover the taste if you break it open and sprinkle into applesauce or yogurt - very strong and just plain icky tasting. Wish it was in a chewable tablet. A bit too soon to tell if it really works yet.

Yes, DMG - works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Effect, declared by the manufacturer, - present.

Joan

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

very good product

WOW! Thank you!!

Posted by Expat American in PH on Jul 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase

In the past 6 months or so, our oldest child started to have meltdowns. Diagnosed as autistic, we had a hard time dealing with this behavior. From biting his hand & arm, to literally falling to his knees crying, we needed something to help us, help him. My wife was hesitant at first, not wanting to "medicate" our son but the other reviews talked about the improvements plus I saw that this brand had a nice balance of vitamins plus minerals added as well. I'm not for certain but I believe that within a week of taking this (1 capsule only), his behavior improved & now we can state that it really has improved. It could be that we are also using Thorne Research, Children's Basic Nutrients but I think that the DMG plays a more important role in helping his behavior. It has been months since he has bitten his hand or arms & doesn't have too many meltdowns (mainly from being tired or conflict with his younger sibling who often takes things from him). His therapists at school talk about how well behaved he is & how well he interacts with them plus sometimes the other children (who are often crying & screaming). Some even question if our son is autistic or not! -- UPDATE 09/20: We've stopped giving this to our son for over 2 weeks now (actually ran out & didn't reorder). He seems fine without it most of the time... Trying external magnesium now to help with "calming" him.