Meh . . .

Posted by Reviewer1822811 on Mar 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The word "hot sauce" is very misleading. There was nothing "hot" about it. I wouldn't even place it in the "mild" category. So this is definitely not to be used as "hot sauce" in the Tapatio or Tabasco sense. This sauce may actually be better as a marinade or a rub, but definitely not something. Also the mix of ingredients give a convoluted taste--mostly sweet, smoky, a little bitter-- but not really chipotle; it's more a mouthful of different tastes that just don't seem to go well together in my opinion. I'm going to have to give it two stars because it's not terrible, but it is also not up to average standards.

A Great, Great Condiment

Posted by Reviewer2430578 on Sep 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

For those of us with condimentia (the diagnosis used for those of us who cherish FLAVOR and SKILLFUL preparation in our condiments), this is definitely one for your collection. Chef Bayless has created something unique here. This is not your typical run-of-the-mill scorch-your-mouth pepper and vinegar concoction. IT HAS BIG FLAVOR. It respects the traditions of Veracruz. Smoky, sweet, rich, complex....wonderful!!!

GREAT

Posted by Reviewer1355336 on May 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

AAAA+++++

Top Stuff

Posted by 5262870505950567092 on Feb 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Excellent flavour, hot - but not too hot. Use it on sandwich and almost all kind of mexican food.

perfect for hot sauce

Posted by 5474806888314246207 on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

we used this to make chipotle mayo.. yum

5!

Posted by 5559858440836795766 on Nov 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Very tasty, good flavour, will reorder for sure

GAF.

Posted by 4816798950919983624 on Jul 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good as ****! I have never tried chipotle before, so I don't have anything to compare it to... But - that little bottle of sauce ain't gonna be in my pantry long to say the least. :)

Fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer2850054 on Jun 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The taste is soooooo wonderful!

Best hot sauce EVER!

Posted by Reviewer1052762 on Dec 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

There were only 4 bottles available at the time I ordered, and I bought every single one of them! This stuff is delicious!!!

great but not as spicy

Posted by Reviewer2382887 on Dec 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It is a good sauce, It just wasn't spicy enough for me. It was a bit sweet but not as spicy. I do like using it on frech fries, its a great combo.

1 2