Great quality

Posted by jr-fire on Apr 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love chicory - to me, it tastes better than most coffee (though I love coffee, too:) I drink coffee because I like the flavour and since I like chicory root, that makes it better than coffee - I can drink 4 or 5 cups a day and suffer no caffeine-induced ill effects. This is the roasted herb, very good quality, but be prepared to use either a fine tea strainer or some other FINE filter. Coffee filter got clogged the one time I tried it and anyway it seems like a waste of paper :) I use my french press to prepare it and I like one full teaspoon per 300-400 ml of water (too strong a flavour otherwise).

Nam nam!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am on my diet now.The hardest thing was to give up my coffee.Coffy taste great but is distroying adrenal system,makes hormone disbalance,and so following health problems:insomnia,bad immune system and quick changing of mood.Common said ther is nothing good in coffee,it is distroing your health.But chicory tastes almost like a coffee but is ashly good for your health,it is strenghtening immune system.So it is great for the diet.I am so gratuful to iherb for chicory that made me so easy to replace coffee.

Quality product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Product was fresh and good quality. The price was reasonable, and it shipped quickly.

GOOD!

Posted by Allexa on Nov 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a good coffee substitute, but you have to remember it has a pretty strong bitter taste. So I put half of my regular amount as I did for coffee. Also, it looks like instant drink, but it doesn't dissolves completely in your cup. I grind needed portion in my coffee grinder and it works much better. At least you don't have to take out lumps, drifting in your drink, its all on the bottom. One more thing. If you want to soften bitter taste of the drink I strongly recommend to add creamer and/or sugar or healthy sweetener , like stevia.

good product, tasty and beneficial

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I add half a tablespoon of chicory to a pot of coffee, it lessens the bitterness and adds rich dark color and flavor. I also read that chicory provides nulin which is a "pre-biotic" which prepares the lining of the intestines for pro-biotics, in other words healthy intestinal flora, which supports the immune system and aids digestion.

Excellent Roasted Chickory Order

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My first order from iHerb was most satisfactory. The roasted chickory is exactly the same product and source I previously purchased from the local co-op, which no longer has it available. The price is much better than I expected by having ordered 3 pounds, for chickory will not go stale. This is a great additive with coffee. Delivery was rapid. Thanks iHerb.com.

deeppurple

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

nice coffee substitute but organic is better.

Can't go wrong with chicory.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Makes such a difference to coffee, can't imagine coffee without it.

Iced coffee

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love my iced coffee, now I love it even more replacing 1/4 with your ground chicory root. Thank you so much

A good quality product, more convenient for those without a grinder or coffee maker.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for someone without a coffee maker, as it's easier to add to coffee in this form. I have aso used the organic chicory root. Excellent products both.

1 2 3