Bacon bits without the bacon

Posted by 4718976226998500794 on Sep 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After developing a meat allergy, I could no longer have bacon bits in my daily salad. Tragedy! These littel gems, however are truly the next best thing. So grateful to have found them, and also to have found iHerb so I can buy them in bulk for far less than the little shaker bottles on the Whole Foods shelf.

Lots of flavor in a small amount

Posted by Reviewer2231597 on Aug 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Adds a yummy touch to salads, soups, etc. Organic -- so not GMO

Baconie

Posted by Reviewer2060916 on Jul 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Interesting product! I usually add to navy or black beans. Really adds nice spice and filling too! Very strong smoked flavor too. Little bit goes long way.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3196281 on Aug 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

They were better than I expected and I will recommend this product to my friends.

Yummy!!!

Posted by Johanne on Apr 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Okay this is good, very good!! Even my fiance who eats bacon from pigs loves this, and says it taste the same!! You get a lot of protein and flavor for not many calories, and I use it on my quinoa, salad, wok, soup, you name it. Almost to good. Very small bits is maybe the only negative ;)

ok

Posted by Reviewer3263547 on Feb 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Ok, but the bits were really small. fives stars if they would size up.

way way too strong

Posted by Reviewer1907904 on Apr 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

the smell is overwhelming anything you put it on... haven't tried cooking it yet, but on salads is a definite no for me... if you like the smoke and bacon odor, then this is a product for you though!

NOT THE same as the non-Organic labeled Bac'uns withe the green cap!!!

Posted by 5364634385710554543 on Jan 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My palette does not like these when compared to the non-Organic version. These are light tan, less crunchy, bland flavored. I wonder why there is such a significant differnce in product; it seems like a different recipe. Be alert to the difference.

Meh....

Posted by Reviewer1000639 on Jul 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These are a little strange. Very much flavor but it still was not quite what I expected. It smells very strongly as well. It does not take much of this before it's more than enough. A teaspoon or two to a package ground beef is what I'd go for.

Love 'em!

Posted by 5653016133089939086 on Sep 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I cook with them, add them to salad, sprinkle them on soup, blend them into vegan burgers - I just love this product. Now and then, I even stuff my mouth with a tablespoonful right from the canister! Delicious and versatile. They make this vegan for >25 years happy!

1 2