Help

Great Herb from a good outfit

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like the Organic cut and sifted valerian from Frontier. Valerian is a great nervine herb that can be used for relaxation, nervousness, anxiety and aid in sleep. It helps boost GABA which is a calming neurotransmitter. Gaba is very hard to absorb directly from a pill or capsule. I like to grind this herb up a bit more than it arrives so that I can get a stronger infusion with tea or tincture. Steep overnight for a very strong infusion. It is good to bend with other herbal teas as well for better flavor. Don't overgrind or it may be too hard to filter. I like the packaging it comes it as it protects it form moisture and light. Keep your tea out of light at that can degrade it over time. Notice how many health food stores keep their bulk herbs in clear containers which allows light to enter. Not good for shelf life. Make every effort to use Organic or you may be getting all kinds of pesticides in your product. I know USDA organic is not 100% organic. They do water down the requirement a bit. But it is still much better than non-organic. So I give Frontier credit for making this hurdle. However for this reason I am only giving it 4 stars. Certified Organic from NY or Oregon is a cleaner product. If you found this review helpful, kindly click the YES button. Also, go to my iHerb home page by clicking on my Handle name above. There you can read many more value added reviews and see my favorite products and other recommendations. Peace and good health!

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I regularly make tea from the roots and add honey as valerian is bitter by nature.The product is great quality and very effective for insomnia. I bought the bulk root as it's more cost effective compared to buying valerian tea bags. I've always been impressed by the quality of products from Frontier.

Best Herb for Helping me, I've ever Found!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Valerian is a Stinky, Horrible-Tasting Herbal Tea, but a Blessing From Universal Mind. Just a tad of it, before Bedtime, and You'll never need Sleep-Aiding pharmaceuticals, (a Warm Shower just before Bed, also Helps, because it then releases Melatonin, which is a Naturally Body-released, Sleep-Inducing Hormone). I used to suffer terribly, from Sleep Deprivation, Poor Sleep, Sleep Apnea, Hypoxia, etc., had gone throhgh 4 different Sleep Studies, spanning 17 years. Valerian and Dandelion combined, are all the Sleep inducing Tea I've ever needed, in order to Increase my Sleep, including Delta Phase, which I was never getting. Again, This is a Superb Herb, with Excellent Active Components. Taking it, enabled me to say "Goodbye," and "Good Riddance" to a great many Pharmaceuticals. NOTE: NEVER START OR STOP TAKING ANYTHING--INCLUDING HERBS W/O FIRST SPEAKING W/ YOUR DOCTOR. This is Absolutely Necessary. Sleep Well my Friends!

Good!

Posted by FataMorgana on Jul 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Perfectly calm!

a nice sleep aid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I find that a cup of this before going to bed helps me drift off to a restful sleep. Being organic is an extra benefit, I will continue to buy this. I have used this for a couple of years and am very satisfied with the product.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Really good quality--roots are clean and fresh. Highly recommend this product.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

real stuff, smells and tastes like fresh valerian root.

Makes great tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I make green tea with sliced ginger and a pinch of this Valerian root. Very relaxing.

Perfect Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Great for tea and/or vaporizing

Always the best from Frontier

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

always happy with their organic herbs

1 2