Convenient, Inexpensive Flavorful & Wholesome

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Organic Powdered Tomato allows me to have tomatoes on hand for my recipes at a moments notice. Most tomato juice, paste, and many sauces come in plastic-coated cans, which are not good for your health. And this one-pound goes a long way.

works like a charm

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is great stuff. I like being able to have the option of adding tomato without having to resort to opening an entire can. I don't know why I waited so long to try it. I went out and picked up a nice glass container as I plan on keeping it on hand.

Would be better without guar gum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Nice for salads, spices etc.

lable has been corrected

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Another review referred to the inaccurate lable. That has now been updated. I just received a bag with the new lable, showing one serving as 1 T., 8 g.

Misleading label

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

While the product itself works ok (tends to get hard though/clump even when kept in a tightly sealing glass jar), the big problem with this item is that the package is incorrectly labeled. Both Iherb and Frontier recognize this problem, but no one has done anything to fix the error on the site. The bag lists the serving as 1/4 cup, or 10 grams. The bag says it contains 453 grams. So, by my calculations it should contain ~40 servings, which makes it cheaper than using tomato paste in cooking. However, in reality there is only ~3.5 cups, which is 14 servings, which means I can buy organic tomato paste in a glass jar for a cheaper price than making my own from the powder. On the plus, it is convenient and you can get a strong tomato flavor without adding any additional liquid/texture.

I like this as added to chile beans.

Posted by GODisLife on Jan 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I add filtered water to a large cup and add the dry tomatoes. Stir well with the spoon until wet enough and add to the other ingredients. Hot fluids help it dissolve. I recommend it. The foil package is inconvenient but does keep it fresh until opened. A tie wrap can be used to close the open package, or repackage in another container, if you have one.

Good taste

Posted by aromatherapy on Feb 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like this alot and the taste is great. YOu can mix into anything for a great taste and extra nutrients. I like to sprinkle on my salads. sorta sweet sorta sour flavor.

Good tomato powder--organic, too!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like to use this tomato powder to add a bit of tomato taste to a lot of dishes. It nicely adds a rich body to chili, and I regularly use it in rice dishes, as well. Best price I've found for organic tomato powder.

from Russia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

really good!

Not Properly sealed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i like this product but the packaging is bad ,the last order it was not Properly sealed ,and the tomato powder was all over the place.

1 2 3