Wonderful coffee substitute

Posted by sunnyflorida on Jul 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I decided to eliminate all caffeine from my diet. Eliminating coffee was the hardest thing to do. I had terrible withdrawal symptoms for several days and craved something to replace my morning coffee. I am gluten intolerant and vegan, so that made it that much more difficult to find a good replacement. I decided to try organic roasted chicory root because I knew that it is often mixed with coffee in different blends and is caffeine free. I was really happy with the results. I put it in a pot with some cinnamon, pour in some boiling water, and let it brew for 5 minutes. Then, I use a strainer to pour out the liquid into my cup. I add some soy milk to it and I find it delicious. I don't miss coffee at all anymore. I sometimes add other ingredients to it, like carob powder, but find the chicory itself is enough for me. I put the contents of the big bag into a large glass bowl that I had. It has an air-tight cover and makes it very easy to use that way. I usually use a heaping teaspoon of the chicory to make a nice, strong brew. I love this stuff and will never be without it from now on. I look forward to having it every morning now.

Well prepared product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product was perfect for me. The taste is pungent and the grind is even. It works well as a hot drink or a coffee booster and does not clog a paper filter. The vacuum packaging is ideal for me as I am an international customer and purchase fairly large quantities in order to optimize my shipping costs. Totally satisfied with the purchase.

roasted a bit too much for my liking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

this chicory is roasted a bit too dark for my liking, but it does give a pretty satisfying taste.

Great Roasted Chicory Root

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I combine these organic roasted chicory roots with organic dandelion roots to make a very tasty coffee alternative!

The best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

You can't find this item on any store shelf. It's pure, it's tasty and it came in an additional zip lock bag so the smell is preserved. I love it!

The greatest tasting Chicory!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is very good chicory. I mix it with my coffee. Very good and Healthy Thank you

Excellent caffeine free alternative to coffee.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 17, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was surprised how much I liked this chicory. Very smooth and not bitter. I crave this now like I crave coffee. I only use reusable k-cups in my Keurig and this works great. You can mix it 50/50 with coffee and at night you can enjoy a warm cup of just chicory and not have the caffeine jitters. I feel better cutting down my caffeine intake, something I thought I couldn't do. I gave up pop years ago and coffee is my vice. I love the chicory/coffee mix. It is delicious and I only drink black coffee. I am very fussy with my coffee. I have noticed a slight difference in taste from bag to bag but have never had a "bad" bag. High quality product from Frontier. Highly Recommend.

Great flavor quality always excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have bought this product for years and have never had any problems. Always consistent, price is reasonable. Happy customer.

great taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

i cant drink coffee unfortunately. this product taste very much like coffe and much healthier. thank you

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this with a small amount of coffee for my breakfast drink. I like the way the flavor just blends in with the coffees flavor. What I like the most about the chicory is all the health benefits it has. Been ordering this for awhile now. Would like to larger package, since I use it every day. Iherb is 1 of the few places that seems to sell roasted chicory

1 2 3 4