Disappointed Cheese Lover

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been purchasing the "non-Organic" version of this product and have just been told it was been discontinued (no reason given). Since I love the other product so much I though I would try the Organic version (mistakenly thinking it would be the same). I really wanted to like this product, especially since it is Organic. I am sad to say, this "Organic" version is not only NOT the same, it tastes AWFUL. Upon taking my first bite, all I tasted was salt. When you taste the other version (non-Organic), you taste CHEESE. This Organic version is more granular and the other is light and fluffy. I even tried cooking with the Organic product as I do the other and instead of toasting or browning properly, it burns. Cheese should not burn unless you cook it at too high of a temperature (I cooked it on low!). Upon close inspection of the ingredients, the Organic version has things added that the non-Organic version doesn't (like whey and non-fat milk). To the folks that love this: Try the on-Organic version and you will see and taste the difference. This Organic product is so bad I am going to send it back. Sadly, you will have to get the non-Organic version from another place.

GOOD - Clean and Fresh : But VERY SALTY !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Wonderful and cheesy , very Organic pure taste ... BUT watch the salt !.( ALSO NOTE ; its not ONLY white cheddar in it unfortunately ... there are other 'fillers'also Skim Milk and extra Whey powder... I thought it was ONLY powder of White Cheddar )

Better than nasty old Kraft - now organic-ized!

Posted by RodericRinehart on Nov 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Boil pasta. Add butter and milk. Add this cheese sauce. Therefore, you will have a delicious dinner.

OK, very salty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Glad that this is organic, but it's very salty. Taste is just OK.

Again the real thing.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

You can make your own macaroni and cheese without using a packaged mix and with more cheese. Add some milk powder and some oil or margarine. You can make it much better than the prepared mix. Also add it to polenta for cheese grits. Better than buying blocks of cheese and trying to store it till needed.

staple in my cupboard

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Frontier cheese powder for years. Great for sauces and mac and cheese and soups.

Easy Mac & Cheese

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Add to pasta with a little milk and butter and you have mac and cheese...my kids love it!