Tastes like the beach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is powdered VERY fine, which means that it is quite bioavailable to the body, and would also be easy to sprinkle finely onto meals, but it also means that if you choose to instead consume it straight off a teaspoon, as soon as you put it in your mouth, it immediately becomes a glutinous mass which sticks to the back of your teeth. If you're accustomed to something like dulse flakes, then this may not be to your liking. However, I consume a teaspoon every other night to ensure good intake of iodine and trace minerals, as I'm used to consuming all sorts of superfoods and powdered greens etc., and am not afraid of the taste and consistency. Note that it's best to rotate your intake of sea vegetables, rather than repeatedly consuming just kelp. Other good sea vegatables include dulse and bladderwrack. Be careful with hijiki and wakame - it's best not to eat those too frequently. Google for more info on these.

Frontier bulk herbs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great product, best prices I have found for frontier herbs. I will get them here always! I recommend the frontier herbs highly, and recommend they be purchased here.

Fine ground

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a fine ground powder, which is good, because it makes the nutrients more available. Price is also good for an organic product. Tastes terrible, but kelp always does.

Fresh product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Frontier kelp appears to be fresh, nice greenish color. I am happy with the quality.

Mix with Sea Salt for Healthy Iodized Salt

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Some people use kelp in place of salt, but I thought that was a bit extreme. I dumped out my salt shaker and filled it with a mix of 1 part kelp to 2 parts sea salt. Now I'll get iodine and other trace minerals naturally with my salt. Update: I've recently switched to using Himalayan Pink Sea salt. I now mix this with that for lots of wonderful trace minerals with a great taste!

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great source of Vitamin A and Iodine which help the body deal with unhealthy levels of radiation as well as radioactive particles that accidentally are introduced into the body.

Frontier Natural Powdered Kelp

Posted by KiMaLi on May 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a USDA organic product. It is all natural. It is non-irradiated. It is hand harvested off the coast of Northwestern Iceland. If you found this review to be helpful please click the yes button. There is free shipping on purchases over 40.00. Items are usually shipped out within 24 hours for fast speedy delivery of your items.

Very tasty and fresh...

Posted by PracticalReviews on Nov 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

usually algaes has some nasty taste that not everyones taste buds agrees with but these are fresh light green color kelp powder has a mild taste so i can put my dosage of about 3g of it into a cup and drink it without feeling it coming to a visit as a burp afterwards as it happens to me with spirulina or chlorela . i choose this brand because they state the iodine content which is key because iodine is important and we should consume more of it,we won't get a superior well being by consuming iodized salt we need at least 10 times more than what the fda is telling us(they only try to avoid goiter plague which is obvious to the eye) especially when we are exposed to toxic minerals that competes our thyroid gland inhibition such as chlorine in the water,fluoride in the water and toothpastes and bromine in white flour. but we also should not exceed our daily needs as it also negatively affects our thyroid so you should find your iodine tolerance point and keep things in balance from there on. kelp is the natural whole food for iodine needs in addition to the other trace minerals and protein in it,keep it in the freezer for a longer shelf life.please notice that everybody has a different upper limit of iodine intake and this product is highly concentrated with it,my upper limit is about 4g and if i take more than that i feel like i got the flu for a day or two...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Great source of iodine and potassium

Posted by robdee on Nov 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this as a seasoning on cooked vegetables instead of salt. With CFS I try to get 10X RDI of iodine so this helps a lot towards reaching that goal. The potassium boost (instead of sodium in salt) is also helpful to improve my sodium/potassium balance. I think of this kelp as my 'sea vegetables'. 16 oz lasts me about a year. Affordable bulk price of this product and coming from Fronteir Naturals were the main reasons I selected this product.

powdered kelp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

iHerb mailed this product to me right away. I will order this product again from them. I purchased this product for my birds, they needed the iodine that is in the kelp.

1 2 3