Perfect except for one major thing

Posted by Reviewer1221298 on Jun 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The taste is completely addictive and the value is downright impressive. However, like almost every nutritional yeast around, it's fortified with folic acid, the synthetic form of B9, ubiquitously added to food products only since 1998. Recently I found a blog (search 'MTHFR') that cites plenty of research showing that genetic mutations resulting in the inability to effectively convert folic acid to the natural form folate are unbelievably common (in fact it was first discovered in 1999, the very year following the beginning of widespread fortification), and most who have these mutations never find out but often suffer serious long term health complications (since relatively few of us actually avoid folic acid). If this company were to provide a version that left it out, I would never stop buying it, because it's just plain one of my most cherished of foods.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2548505 on Sep 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We use this for making a homemade baby formula. It's an excellent source of all the B group vitamins and iHerb sells it at the best price around!

Used in Dr Pitcairn's Healthy Powder recipe for cats

Posted by Reviewer1687524 on Jun 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to try a recipe I found on the Internet for Dr. Pitcairn's "Healthy Powder" nutrient supplement for cats (on a raw food diet). The recipe is made up in bulk and used a few teaspoons at a time in a cat's food: 2 cups of nutritional yeast, 1 cup of lecithin granules, ¼ cup kelp powder, ¼ bonemeal and 1000 mg vitamin C: mix and keep refrigerated. I found all these along with other supplements I wanted to use, namely Vit A and E and taurine, all offered by iHerb. I'm using the powder with canned food mainly b/c there's no time to make the raw food. It's not possible to reach any conclusions on health benefits after only a few weeks but I think I'm seeing increased energy/vitality.

Very pleased with this product

Posted by EdieWicker on Jan 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is recommended by the Weston A Price Foundation so I know that it is of the highest quality available anywhere.

Vegan delight!

Posted by Reviewer1611921 on Apr 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great product--wonderful stuff. It's powdery rather than flakey if that makes any difference to you. It doesn't to me. I use this on salads, stir-fries, and tons of other meals. It's a no-brainer to order this if otherwise unavailable in your area.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2819821 on Dec 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nothing special but exactly what nutritional yeast is supposed to be. Im happy with the product. I dont like that is comes in a bag but I put it in my own jar and store in in the fridge.

adding it to everything!

Posted by 5237955377499248391 on Nov 02, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I LOVE how creamy and savory this makes my pasta sauces! I'm adding it to everything. Bell pepper sauce, marina sauce, pesto sauce, etc. Way better than flakes - this stuff really mixes in. When I have time I'll try this on popcorn.

Absolutely delicious!

Posted by Reviewer1252396 on Oct 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I got it only because it was healthy. I still shiver at the memory of brewers' yeast. Horrible! This is totally different. I just add several tablespoons to my kale smoothie, and I could drink this all day. I noticed that my hair looked even better.

fave!!

Posted by 5195782406517698731 on Aug 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

SOOOO happy i found this.. we use it for homemade formula and it doesn't clump!

great product

Posted by 4921697260692442527 on Jul 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

very good value for money

1 2 3