a great natural curl 'relaxer'

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I just finished rinsing this henna out of my hair and have to say this stuff is brilliant, exceeded my expectations. I don't know if its because I left it to sit for almost 3 days; because I was applying it in the first place to reinforce my hair after heat damage (so my natural bond was easier to manipulate); because I already applied henna (from Lush) about 6 months ago, but I am loving the curl pattern that I was left with after using this product. I knew henna could do this but have never seen such dramatic results. My only regret is that my application was uneven and the curl pattern is now more clumpy, elongated and defined on one side of my head than the other (I'm a 3c by curl definition but this has made parts of my hair 3b). Will be using again soon to rectify this problem but will definitely buy again. The colour is quite nice, though I can't really tell the end colour because I sit here doing my post-henna DC and have not seen the colour when my hair is dry. I had been lightening my hair with cinammon for a while now so the deep reddish undertones are more exaggerated than they would have been otherwise on my dark hair.

Henna user

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is my second time ordring this same product, and I am very happy with it, will order again in the future, I hope they keep it on the market. The way I use henna, I shampoo my hair before applying henna, apply henna overnight (7-8 hours), rinse it off thoroughly, and do not shampoo again for about 3 days. I usually repeat henna application once a month. Last time, I repeated henna application weekly for 3 weeks, and it works even better (although monthly is fine). What people need to realize is that henna does not remove your natural hair color, it layers over your hair color. This product works marvellously for gray hair, which I have a lot of. In short, GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Good quality henna at a great price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is great henna! I'm really happy with the colour. It's covered my greys really well. The trick is to mix it with vinegar or something acidic and either let it soak overnight or heat it with a double boiler until its really hot (or both). This releases the dye more effectively.

Red Leaf Henna

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using red leaf henna for about 30 years. It is an essential hair care item to me. I am pleased with the quality of this henna powder as well as the delivery time. Thanks so much.

Brilliant color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been using henna to color my hair for about 8 years now and must admit that this is the best henna - the result is a brilliant, even medium copper shade (my natural hair is very light brown), a bit too bright along the hair line at first but it faded there to a more natural shade after 2-3 washes. Don't forget to wipe off any henna splattered on your skin during application (face, ears, etc.) and use gloves, or you will end up with orange patches there for several weeks. I do not use vaseline or olive oil as was suggested to put on my skin along the hair line for protection, I just wipe henna off with a wet facial cotton round before I put a shower cap and a towel on. I am very happy with the result I got, so I will buy this product again.

Good but big particles

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

very dark color, good value for money

good henna

Posted by veljanov on Jul 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

quality henna. It turns a beautiful color and hair glitter

Great for colouring hair.

Posted by OKOKOK on Aug 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this in my hair over night, and it gets a nice red colour afterwards that lasts for months. The only bad thing about this is that the powder isn't really that fine, so it's a bit hard to get out of the hair again.

Love this one!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This I have to order more rightaway!

The Best Henna

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I love this henna and I stocked up before it was discontinued. I get compliments on my hair all the time. My hair is shiny, thicker and healthier than ever before in my life. :) What a great deal too! Each pack is about 4 months worth of hair coloring= <$4 per treatment. Healthy and affordable- my kind of combination.

1 2