I'm Very Satisfied

Posted by HawaiianViking on Feb 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

If you're looking for high-quality poppy seed for baking, look no further. Poppy seed purchased in supermarkets is usually dried-out and stale, not to mention nearly tasteless. Frontier Natural Products, Whole Poppy Seed, on the other hand, is nothing of the kind. Possibly because this product is Non-Irradiated, the aroma is satisfyingly earthy and rich, as poppy seed ought to smell but rarely does. While it's not a complaint, I was surprised to find, on closer inspection, that this is actually a mixture of different varieties of breadseed poppy: there are white seeds, brown seeds and black seeds, which makes me curious about the growing and processing of this product.

Good quality, non-irradiated, perfect for baking

Posted by caffeinated on Jan 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good quality poppy seed. It's non-irradiated (irradiation is used to preserve food and kill bacteria, but it also strips them from some of their nutrients). Has a nice earthy nutty flavour. Another reviewer mentioned a peppery/chemical smell. I did notice a strong smell the first time I opened the bag, but it didn't affect my cake. And the smell subsided the next time I used it. I just ordered the Frontier organic poppy seed and it seems to have a milder smell. Will review it once I use it

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It's quite nice. Just I rarely have chance to use it.... I don't know when I can finish this 453g

good price and quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

happy with this one, gonna repurchase for sure, for my special lithuanian christmas coockies;)

Just In Time for Purim

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

These make fabulous, poppy seed in your teeth Hamentashen!

Fresh

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

When I opened this bag and smelled the poppy, I thought I was standing in a field. The seeds are very fresh. I plan to use in wheat-free muffins and home-made cakes. Great on top of hot buttered multigrain toast.

This is not poppy seed

Posted by boldogbirka on Jun 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Huge disappointment. Smells like peppery parfume, tastes like absolutely nothing - if anything, some bitter chemical taste. I didn't expect this from a product carried by iHerb. :(