Good but ingredients not what iHerb lists

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My skin: (very) acne-prone, very oily, large pores, clogs easily. I bought this because I wanted a chemically-exfoliating cleanser with NO glycerin (clogs my pores), and I liked the natural-sounding ingredient list listed on iHerb. Overall, I do like it. It suds well despite there being no SLS, and it is *very slightly* drying, though my skin does have dry patches from use of retinoids. It hasn't cured my acne, but it definitely cuts through the oil effectively. However, ingredient list on iHerb is incorrect. The correct one is below, and this is also what is stated on the bottle I received from iHerb. Distilled Water, Apple Cider Concentrates, Decyl Polyglucose (non GMO), Lemon Juice, Soapnuts (Spaindus trifoliatus), Yucca Glauca Root Extract, Raw Cane Demerara Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Essential Oils of: Lavender (Lavandula officinalis), Mandarin (Citrus Paradisi), Aspen Bark (Populus Tremuloides), Glyceryl Monocapriylate, and Glyceryl Monoundecylenate.

Amazing cleanser

Posted by WellnessRoad on Aug 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this cleanser on a whim without reading any reviews which is not something I usually do. I found myself drawn to the quality ingredients of herbs and essential oils plus the fact that it's soap free. I was especially drawn to the apple and lemon juice + raw cane sugar and lactic acid. This cleanser is absolutely amazing. My skin has become clearer and much more radiant, has taken on more of an even tone and is a lot less prone to blemishes. Great for temperamental hormonal skin. You only require a tiny amount and the cleanser foams well, it leaves you with a clean feeling but in no way stripped of moisture. The price is amazingly low too, I've used cleansers 5x the price of Frownies which have not even come close to the quality and effectiveness of this product.

Great Product! Can't live without it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I started using this product a couple years ago--after struggling to find the right product(s) for my complexion. This worked great. When I began using it, I was living in Seoul, South Korea, where pollution is BAD. I am positive this was adding to breakouts on my skin, but finding a face wash that was gentle enough for my face was difficult. Frownies, pH-Balancing Complexion Wash is mild and it does not strip my skin of all the natural oils to keep my face looking healthy. I am 49 years old and get complements all the time because I look much, MUCH younger than my age. I only wash my face with this product and put a non-pore clogging face cream on my face with SPF30 and a little eye cream to keep the skin under my eyes looking great (and I wear contacts so I worry about wearing out the elasticity in the skin under my eyes). The only make up I wear is eye liner (and occasionally eye shadow and mascara). I RARELY get pimples and blemishes on my face, which could be a result of my healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies... but I attribute much of the health of my skin to using Frownies pH-Balancing Complexion Wash. I hope this product is NEVER discontinued!

Better than most cleanser

Posted by marley on Nov 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It's better than other complexion wash and it does not dry the skin.Click the user name to see my other reviews.