CranBiotic from FutureBiotics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Cranberries and a probiotic, what a good combination. As a recurrent UTI sufferer, I have relied on cranberry capsules for years, along with 100% juice and the actual berries. I decided to give this a try, and although I can't prove it works, I would order it again.

I really don't know if it works, but it seems to

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I really can't test if it works or if it doesn't, but I think it does well. The point is the formula is very complete, and doens't attack stomach.

Does work but going to try another product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I bought this b/c recently in last several months I had noticed that my vagina would have a slight "tickly" feeling, not quite an itch but almost like it would feel before the stage where you could tell that a UTI was coming on. Anyway, I just feel the ph of my urine and vagina has changed as I've aged and this was somehow part of it. This product description showed that they really understood the urinary tract as they had observations that I myself had made the last few years. This product does work, though more slowly than I expected. After 10 days, a noticed a difference in that sensation. It was a little more time before it went away but somehow it didn't feel like a super strong effect. Anyway I did a test on myself and when I finished the product I waited to see if the sensation came back. It did. After 5 days I noticed the tickly feeling coming back and after 5 more days I realized I needed to take product again. This product has 120 mg of Cranberry Extract plus 200 million Lactobacillus sporogenes. I never thought about what the Lactobacillus sporogenes were until writing this review. I just found out from the U.S. NIH and Livestrong that Lactobacillus sporogenes is really a mislabeling of Bacillus coagulans, which WebMD says aids general digestion. Cratavin Crataeva nurvala extract sounds good but I don't know much about it. I wasn't happy that Cranbiotic has vegetable stearate. I want to try another product which is a probiotic approach as opposed to the cranberry approach, which is what Cranbiotic is. I haven't done research on the effect of the urinary tract on the vagina and I guess to me I relate the too. But I don’t know what the difference is with cranberry (which seems more about the UTI) or so-called “vaginal probiotics”. Does my vagina have the sensation because of what's happening in my urinary tract and my pee or is it a separate thing? The other product I’m going to try claims to be a vaginal, digestive, and immune probiotic in one. If the other product doesn’t work, I can come back to Cranbiotic (although I wish they’d ditch the vegetable stearate).